Trucker Chuckle

I was on my way to work a while back (in my smart car…what else!), on the interstate, but in city limits, when I came up on a heavy hauler flatbed semi (you know, placarded for 105,500, tandems on the tractor plus a 3rd liftable axle, multiple bogies under the trailer, etc…) and what looked like a husband-wife team as the drivers. He was behind the wheel, she was in the passenger side, running maybe 56, 57 mph in the middle lane…obviously in no real hurry, just cruisin’ on the way to the next…whatever. I eased up alongside them on their right, and gave them the classic closed-fist, arm pumping signal to toot the horn. The lady gave me a polite smile, and then waved…no toot on the horn, of course. I then pointed to my left ear, then to the front of the car, as a signal to say “listen to THIS!!” and gave 'em a good short-loooooooooooong honk on the Hadley+Shockers setup, and they jumped, and LAUGHED, and gave me a big thumbs-up. It was about another 2 miles to my exit, and as I peeled off we were all still chuckling…I could clearly see the grin on her face. Not too terribly dramatic as far as encounters go, but it sure was a funny contrast…this huge semi just kinda idling down the freeway, and my little bitty car with the HUGE shout!

Haha I love this thing! Classic!

Awesome. Truck driver or not, I reckon anyone would get a good laugh out of a Smart with a big voice like that. How long before we see it with a K5 or RS5t stuck under the hood :wink:

There’s been some awesome mods done with Smarts. A while back I remember seeing a video of one where they mounted the engine from a Hyabusa into it.

The hyabusa smart cars are insane!

http://www.smartbusa.us/prices.html

Wowzer… they sell full DIY kits for these things now. Thanks for the link Angie. That’s awesome. Who wants to sponsor me for a green card… you guys get all the good toys! Too much nanny state regulation over here to allow stuff like that.

Have you watched the video on the site though? Pretty lame compared to some of the ones that are on youtube.

Hey, you should tell Matt to buy a blue one for the back of the F-650 :smiley:

It’s probably a perfect fit…hahaha