trumpets in bed of truck

hi I was doing some searching online and here but can’t find enough cons to answer my question. which is, is it bad to mount my train horn trumpets in my truck bed under the tool box? like sound wise…I’ve come across a few discussions but no one really finishes. I have a 2012 ram 3500 crew cab and mounting everything under looked like a headache, its a diesel so I have tons of heat under there due to the emissions components. thanks

Welcome! It’s no problem mounting under a toolbox.
Here’s one:
http://www.trainhornforums.com/showthread.php?t=4628

thanks, I’m face palming myself right now cause I believe I saw the first page of that and didn’t go deeper. I’m anxious to start plumbing everything and was under the truck for a while before this idea of mounting. I’d definitely rather drill into a 2-300 dollar tool box than a 60 thousand dollar truck.

no problem

haha

It should work under the tool box with no issues.

Welcome to the forum. How accessible will they be for tuning or repair?

as of yesterday I completed the install and they sound really good, I have the 240 conductors special with the 444c compressor and 2.5gal tank. my only mistake was using the wrong tubing for my gauge that I ran to my center counsel, the tube popped about 4 inches from the tank haha. as you may all know the 240 trumpets are short to long so I ended up mounting them at an angle pointing to the passenger side. Thanks for the support