Two is better than one!

Hopefully you all know I have a york 210 on my tahoe. Well today I did some R&D and believe it or not, I can fit another york right below it. The hitch to this is that I would have to relocate the ECM to the spare battery tray, which is were my dual OBD2’s are now so ill have to sell those in order to have DUAL YORK 210’s!!!

But i must say… the tolerances are ridiculously close… like no joke.

So heres the basic idea. Im using my junkyard york on the botton just to mock it up. ill get a new york, mainly for reliability if this all works out.

now i just fab’ed up an extension to the current bracket.

craziness. damn.

That will have some serious CFM!

Relocated the ECM to where the OBD2’s used to be.

Holy Compressed Air Batman! Any more EDC’s and you’ll be able to turn that Tahoe into a hovercraft with those things.

First the fully tuned K5 on the roof, now dual Yorks. Man-Oh-Man… what’s next? Can’t wait to see what you’re gonna build/buy for your mid-life crisis :smiley:

Holy crap. That is AWESOME, with two yorks do you even need an air tank for horns??? haha

almost done

Heck, this makes me wonder if I could rig a York with my dual alternators. Hmmm

ITS ALIVE!!!

However there is one issue so far.

At 0psi I can run both Yorks, and they put out a TON of air. As the pressure builds the Yorks get harder to turn. At around 100 psi the v-belts that drive them start slipping. So from this point on I can only run one york from 100 to 200.

I think this is due to the combination of the coalescing filters creating back pressure, and the lack of tension on the belts. But yet again the filters can handle 37 CFM.

So next ill have to design a tensioner pulley into this setup…probably those spring loaded ones. Or redesign the hole belt system…

That is awesome! wow so jealous haha

Dude, stop giving me the Idea of Installing another York On my bicycle trailer. xD lol Nah! I think I will put one under the hood of my 89 Silverado. Just gotta pull out the Factory A/C Pump First. :wink:

Pretty snazzy.

If you go for a redesign then instead of v-belts you might consider serp belt clutches and a longer serpentine belt … as there’s already a tensioner in the serp belt loop.

:eek: In this summer heat? :confused:

My A/C in my truck has never worked. Drove it around when it was 104 outside. Figured that I should just roll the windows down and drive 65 to cool off, or go to Morro Bay. :wink: anyway, The York would be on my 6 groove serpentine belt, less slip, no hassle. :smiley: