Upgrade

I recently bought the Shocker 240’s and I already want to go from the 2 gallon to the 5 gallon tank. I also want to bump up my air pressure to 200 psi if possible. I saw a couple of different people with the 5 gallon chrome tank. I want the 5 gallon tank with that has 2 1/2 ports and 4 3/8 ports. Will somebody guide me to the right place?? I looked at Hornblasters and they have the 5 gal with 8 1/2 ports. Thanks for any info!!

They have a chrome 5 gallon with 4 - 1/2" ports. Would that work?
I have AirZenith tanks. They have 4 - 1/2" and 5 - 1/4" ports. They make silver or black.
You could probably even order through Hornblasters and have AZ drop ship.

What compressor do you have? Is it rated for 200psi?

Just bare in mind though, if using the Chrome tank there are no ports on the bottom of the tank for a drain off. And Somewhere along the line I seem to recall reading it can invalidate any warranties?:confused:

I fitted my tank with Velcro, so I can easily lift it and tip my tank on an angle to drain it.

I got the heavy duty Viair 400c and I think that it is only rated for 150 psi. I want a 5 gallon with 2 1/2 ports and 4 1/4 ports. I read where it is perfect for a 5 gallon tank. Would you reccomend hooking both tanks up together?? Is it possible? If not the 5 galllon gives me alot more honking time:) I found a 5 gallon tank at SuperiorHorns for 63.95 that I think will work as long as I can reduce the 3/8 down to a 1/4 or just find different fittings. I wish the 400c would put out more then 150 psi cause this tank has a 250 max psi which is plenty for 200 psi but no worry. Thanks

I got the heavy duty Viair 400c and I think that it is only rated for 150 psi. I want a 5 gallon with 2 1/2 ports and 4 1/4 ports. I read where it is perfect for a 5 gallon tank. Would you reccomend hooking both tanks up together?? Is it possible? If not the 5 galllon gives me alot more honking time:) I found a 5 gallon tank at SuperiorHorns for 63.95 that I think will work as long as I can reduce the 3/8 down to a 1/4 or just find different fittings. I wish the 400c would put out more then 150 psi cause this tank has a 250 max psi which is plenty for 200 psi but no worry. How much is teh Air Zenith tank Ear2 Ear?? Thanks

Air zenith has their 5 gal tanks listed for $85 plus shipping.

^^Yep, and it’s always worth a call to see if they can do better. You never know if it’s a list price or full retail price.

Anyway, sure you can plumb your tanks together. But technically if you go over 5 gallons total, the compressor warranty is void. Doesn’t mean it’s going to blow up though.

We have a 6 gallon tank with 1/2" ports on the ends, 4 3/4" ports on one side (great for high volume applications like horns & air bags), and 4 1/4" ports for gauge, pressure switch, safety valve, and drain. It’s “SAE J10” certified but only rated for 150 PSI. $79.95