upgrading alternator / belt... advice?

Ive been tossing around the idea of replacing my alternator with a HO one ever since i started putting so many electrical upgrades on the truck… Compressor (for train horn), 3 sets HID’s , piaa backup lights , amp/sub , etc, etc, are taking its toll…

So far i have upgraded my battery to an Odyssey and that did help with the dimming lights a bit, but its now alternator time!

Tonight i purchased a 280 Amp PRO Series Large Case Delco Remy High Output Alternator

The guys over at DC power hooked me up with an awesome holiday deal! (Thankyou Stan)

My belt has been squeeling quite a bit lately , so that pretty much got this ball rolling…

Now my question is, will a stock size belt fit on this alternator… From what i have read on the forums , it should … But i want to order a good quality belt online and want to make sure it fits…

Anyone have any experience doing this? Thanks in advance!

BTW- my next almost immediate upgrade is going to be BIG WIRES… I think my audio shop recommended 1/0… :smiley:

Edit- Also which belt brand does everyone recommend? I see most popular brands are Ac delco , Gates , Dayco. Looks like Gates says lifetme warranty and there design eliminates noise… Which sounds great!

it says

The alternator features a custom machined drive pulley for increased output at idle speeds and retains OEM belt length.

i got ac delco belt

:cool:

LOL, Thankyou for pointing that out… When i talked to the guy on the phone he said it should but said something about the tensioner has to be between 2 points on belt or something like that…

Now i just gotta find out what the length of the belt is now… Im leaning towards gates or ac delco.

DC Power FTW. I have their dual kit. It came with a Gates belt.

And yes do your “Big 3” in 1/0.
Here’s mine on my second alternator/battery - wrapped in Techflex.

I bought a stinger alternator…dont ever buy one! I bought it for my inline 6 jeep. The poop didnt even fit. The holes didnt even come close to linen up. And of course they would return or work with me on it so im still sitting on a 600$ piece of junk.