valve question

How close should it be to the horns or does it really matter? I have a 1/2 valve not sure if im gonna run 1/2 line or 5/8 not sure there on 1/2 because i heard the dot line in measured od i havent got my hands on any yet to measure but is this true? Ill be running a k3 with 12 gallons of air

Thanks

The closer the valve, the more instant on/off the horns will sound.
Yours would be less than 15ft, wouldn’t it? There’s a guy on here with a really long run on a boat. Seems like he mentioned that he likes how they come on slightly slower.

Yeah the 1/2" od DOT tubing is the minimum or standard for a K3 or K5. It’s fine for a K3 unless you are shooting for the ultimate. Some guys upgrade to 1/2" id whether it’s 5/8" DOT or 1/2" rubber air hose.

Yea prob five foot or so its a electric valve so ill prob put it as close as i can

5 or 10 feet is no problem

Running it on the side port should be ok shouldnt it? Because i really dont want the air line in my bed as i use it daily

A side port should be ok as long as it’s 1/2" or larger.

The side port is 3/8" npt. The 5/8" tubing would be a waste if you went that route.

i ran the same setup as what you posted. i had 12 gallons at 200 psi (regulated to 140) running from the tank with a 3/4 ID rubber line then to two 1/2 valves and two 1/2 DOT air lines into both sides of my K3HA. it was LOUD and instantly came on.

my current setup is not as loud. running 7 gallons at 150 psi and using all 1/2 DOT line to a RS3L. it comes in squeaky for a second and then really comes in. i will be running an additional 1/2 line and valve in the next few weeks to help it out