Wanting to use k3la in my city.. Look video

First, I have a 1955 vw bug, and the k3s are on the way, so soon I will be using my horns…

I started out a thread in “thesamba” forum which is dedicated to restoring vw bugs, buses,… Pretty cool…, on where to locate my new horns…
Ohhhh it has been a disaster… People tell me how I should put a horn in the speedometer instead, and honk!.. That I am an offensive driver!
Oh well, they will never understand! That I will have hearing problems and others too…

Just to show you guys how it is driving around my city
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbc_VegQayE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You should’ve considered the Shockers. Much easier to install on small cars. Anyhoo… mute point. It’s going to be interesting to see how you squeeze a K3 into a bug.

Just make sure you’re not restricting the horn outlets. If you tuck them under the front hood of the bug, they’ll sound muffled I reckon. The more clearance the trumpets have to project their sound, the louder they’ll be.

Is there too much of a difference between installing horns pointing down, and installed under the beds of the trucks in wich they are hidden and tucked and brobably kind of blocked?
The bug has the engine on the back, and installing the horns in the front hood will def blow your ears.

Im not sure where you live Gusss, but i could not live there! lol. Id have to strap dual 80 gal. air tanks in my truck for the daily drive. hahaha I watched 2 min. of the video and found myself yelling at the computer screen.
If you can get the k3la on the bug, you wont regret it! I love mine.

When it comes to installing these horns, wither way you point them, they will sing very loud! Are you mounting the manifold or buying separate manifold brackets? This is the route i took and its much easier.

They will be mounted on separate brackets.
I probably have a clear option, inside a fender… But I dont like the idea of dirty water from the tire splashing with all that dirt…