washing power chambers

i’ve got my horns broken down and need to scrub all the soot off of these power chambers. i don’t think it will hurt them if a little soapy water gets down into them, but they are open and i want to make sure i won’t be doing any damage trying to clean them. i don’t have any good way to keep it from happening, theres no real way to plug them up while i scrub them clean. any pointers would be great, heres a pic of how they’re broken down.

i kept the backs on them because i heard its a good idea not to mess with them if the horns were working good to begin with. after i get everything repainted and assembled i plan to replace the bolts on the back of the power chambers, but i’m going to do that one bolt at a time to keep from breaking those backs loose from the rest of the chamber.

anyone? is a little soap and water gonna hurt my power chambers?

I dont see how it could hurt them as they are not affected by salt water / ice / rain / snow etc… Just clean them out good and dry good before reassembling. I would probably even use something like naval jelly or light steel wool to remove rust. Just take a air gun and blow out any debris when done.