What a fizzer!

To tell the truth, I haven’t had any real good opportunities to trumpet the virtues of the K3 on the local motorways in recent times.

Been travelling a lot in the typical rush-hour period so the traffic is generally well behaved or slow enough not to give anyone a heart attack with the K3. Yesterday however, here I was… coming onto an on-ramp to a motorway. In front of me is this total moron who decides to get slower and slower as he’s faced with merging traffic doing highway speed. I see him almost parked at the end of the merging lane and I’m accelerating, keeping an eye on a truck coming down the highway doing 60+.

The moron sees the truck, then panics and comes almost to a complete stop at the end of the merging lane. I mash the accelerator and slip in behind the truck. As I come past this Muppet, who by now is stationary and blocking the on-ramp, a slow but calculated grin spreads across my face. Right - this sucker is going to make up for my lack of K3LA time.

I mash my fist deep into the centre of the steering wheel … and what do I get:
"… meeeeeeeep. " WTF!!@! - where’s my earth shattering KAWOOOMP??? Try again - nothin! In my panic I reach for the manual valve but by that stage it was too late and he was far behind me.

Darn-it! I hate equipment failure.
Will have to trace the electrical fault over the weekend:mad::mad:

Had that happen to me late last year. Was at a Pick N Pull, and my dad was telling one of his friends about the horn on my car, and he told me to honk it. I mashed the steering wheel button…nothing. No HOOONKK, no meeep, nothing.

Turns out, I had had to jack up the car to change front brake pads, and somehow ended up pinching the wire from the horn button to the valve, blowing the fuse. Whoopsy.

Isn’t technology wonderful? Every improvement adds something that will fail…lol

don’t forget to drain your tank before you start troubleshooting :stuck_out_tongue:

Any update bud ??
What did you find went wrong or was it operater start up procedure failure (forgot to turn comps on):eek::rolleyes:

With the way my brain is fading I wouldn’t be surprised if it was operator failure - LOL. Well, I took the front grill out which is relatively simple on the car to get reasonable access to the splice location on the horn wire. Drained the tank, pressed the button and ‘click’ - solenoid worked fine.

Since that was the only location I had a ‘slight’ fiddle with before testing, what I suspect is that I had a fault in the splice to the horn wire. Darn vampire clamps!. I normally do a proper splice but it’s a tight wire harness and it was easier to grab a splice clip during the install. Gave it a slight crimp on the clamp but apart from that nothing else for the moment. Next time I’ve got the front of the car off, I’ll have to put in a proper splice.

Oh… should add - went to go shopping after I was done with that. Another on-ramp… what have we here, car missed a turn off and decided to pull over … then realised she couldn’t reverse and hopped back into the merging lane without indicating. K3 ahoy! :smiley: … happy days! Got a test and a revenge scenario all into one.