what its the best hid?

i got y 8000k today but i don’t like it that much its too whaite i will change it for a pair of 10000k a lil more blue

4300k is the Brightest. That is what is on every BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, ect…

I’m shocked that you say 8000k is too White for you.

yeah because i like it more blue u kniow

Yea, 10k is gonna be pretty damn Blue. Like Navy Blue. Don’t go 12k though, that’s when it starts to get Purple again.

If 10k isn’t enough for you, look up Retro-Solutions on Ebay. He’s a good guy, in CT, I’ve done Biz with him before. He’s got some Custom Bulbs. I know he’s got some Blue ones that are so damn Blue, you won’t see 10ft infront of the Car, but they do look cool.

Thank bro

You got it.

duramaxxed i contact the seller and he told me some story well he said he will contact post office and if by monday i haven’t recive anything yet he will send me another set of hid. Also i was reading that the 55w hid gets very very hot and it can melt something inside the headlight

The 55w gets about as Hot as a Halogen High Beam. So like 65w. You shouldn’t melt anything.

aight i can’t wait to put the 12k 55w bro!

ahhh, you went for the deeeep purple?

yeah men lol i have before a 35w with 12k on it and it wasn’t purple it was like the 8k have to be lol white with a lil of blue

yea, i think they sent you the wrong bulbs or something, because 12k in 35w is PURPLE. like i said, like black light purple.

this is 12k:

6k projectors FTW!

i wish i had projectors bro but for my car there isn’t yet

none for mine either :slight_smile: custom made

ballin :cool:

how u can make the projector for my ford explorer men???

Find an OEM HID Projector you want to use, and that will fit into the Housing.

You gotta Bake the Headlight in the Oven on Low Heat for about 10-15 Minutes. Open them up.

Mount the Projector inside using any way you can. Make a Custom Shroud / Bezel so it doesn’t look like you just threw it in there.

Seal it back up.

Mount it in the Truck and you’re good to go.

easier said than done, let alone the price differ greatly with the projectors you choose. Do some research on other forums before you start. A great forum http://www.theretrofitsource.com/DIY.html and there is also some retrofit videos on youtube to watch

I am with you 100% on that. It’s WAY easier said than done.

But what I said is basically all it entails. Doesn’t look like much, but it’s alot of tedious work.