What regulator are you using?

Thanks for the offer - much appreciated and I’ll keep it in mind.
The problem is not always the vendor though. Local taxes here are just ridiculous so if you’re running a shop doing proper stock distribution you get raked over the coals by the tax office.

Private import under $1000 doesn’t incur a lot of those taxes but it doesn’t help that we’re almost 10,000 miles away, so I can appreciate postage costs money. It’s just a pain on cheap items because that postage component is often more than the item itself. USPS is a bit rich on their medium sized items in my opinion. If I compare it with stuff out of Asia you mostly get items shipped free or at very low cost. Receiver country pays for the onward shipping to the final destination so there’s never a cost component there - it’s basically whatever the postal service in the sending country charges, that’s what you’re stuck with.

Finally scored a Norgren regulator (R73G-4AK-RMG) brand new from ebay for $55+20 for shipping to get it down-under. Just installed - woohoo.

I’ve hooked it into the line running through the Graham White and dialled in 110psi. I’ve still got the solenoid line coming through at 200 but the horns sure sound more melodic and sweeter through the manual at 110. Get almost double the honk time now - happy days. :smiley:

Any pics DeeBee? I am now exploring going down that avenue, I like the sound of more AIR from my 8.5 gallon tank!:smiley:

Nah, none yet Stinky. I’ll take some over the weekend.

Cool beans! How much extra Honk time do you get now?
Oh and on a slightly different subject that you were talking about earlier, somebody is making a killing with the import duty etc etc, I just got shafted right up the poop hole by Customs & excise, I just paid over $1000 :eek:(£650) for 8 boxes from HornBlasters. I am still in shock and currently still lying on the floor from 3pm earlier today!!! Lol

Haven’t timed it exactly but I reckon it’s close to double. I notice it big time just even before the compressors kick in. It takes a lot longer to bleed off enough air until the pressure switch opens up.

Since getting my two Leslies I have been so flat stick with work that I haven’t even had a chance to get out somewhere to cause some audio mayhem. :frowning: Something I’m keen to make amends on.

I feel your pain with the tax man. The bastards just keep screwing us left right and center.

Here you go Stinky - couple of pics… nothing special. The reg just sits next to my tank which I have mounted under a false floor.

Thanks DeeBee!
I think I have found one :slight_smile:
Is this it?:smiley:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NORGREN-R73G-4AK-RMG-REGULATOR-/380568911621?pt=BI_Control_Systems_PLCs&hash=item589bacbf05

Holy cr@p! Do they seriously charge you $19.14 for import charges on a $40 item? that’s highway robbery!

Anyway… yeah that’s the same as I got.
R73 - Model
G - Unidirectional
4 - 1/2" input/output holes
A - PTF Threads
K - Knob adjuster
R - Relieving
M - 5-150psi (regulating range; not max input)
G - supplied with gauge

You can check out what all codes mean via the Norgren data sheets:
http://cdn.norgren.com/pdf/8.180.200.pdf

Stinky have you tried your local MachineMart or car motor factors might be a shout ???
Import tax is a f ing ripoff i feal yer pain bud

Not blowing me own trumpet but no nead for a regulater here with 20 gallons!!! :D:p:D

Your just plain greedy lol lol! :stuck_out_tongue: I never thought about machine mart, I have a catalogue somewhere, so will have a cheeky look:)

Machine mart only goes up to 159psi, 11bar max input pressure, plus it’s 1/2"BSP thread & not NPT.
I think I will order one from HornBlasters or the states on ebay :smiley: and I guess I will also be needing to order a 200psi pressure switch & a 220psi pressure release valve as well from HB.

I think I worked it out to be about approx £58.00:)

My system also uses a McMaster-Carr high-CFM adjustable regulator.

This is also a Norgren 17 Series General Purpose Regulator, mine is p/n R17-801-RGSA.

This has 1" NPT input / output ports. This is a high CFM relieving regulator w/ large ports and w/ two full-flow ¼" gauge ports, one having a 0 to 300 p.s.i. gauge. The regulator has a working output pressure adjustment range of 10 to 250 p.s.i. The optional mounting bracket is used to mount the regulator.

Norgren R17 Regulator - Gauge Side

Norgren R17 Regulator - 1" NPT Input Port

Norgren R17 Regulator - 1" NPT Output Port

Those photos of the Norgren appear to have a manual behind them. Can you check it for the heat rating on that regulator/gauge combo? Norgren’s site doesn’t seem to state it and I’d hate for someone (like me!) to drop a $150 regulator under the hood to use on an EDC only to have parts of it melt.

It looks pretty bulletproof, but it’s best to double-check…

The link to the specification sheet has already been provided and is shown above.

The operating temperature range is -30°F to 175°F (-34°C to 80°C.

Thanks!