Whelen PA Installed

Ok, as promised, here are some pictures of the install…

The speaker was mounted under the passenger floor board behind the front tire.

Control unit was mounted behind the driver side rear seat on the pillar, the picture may not be that clear, I will try to get a better focus on it. The wiring needs to be cleaned up a little bit too. The grey wire in the lower picture is a 15’ extension cable for the MIC.

The MIC is just hangin out under the center cup holder on the floor for now.

mine is just like that one :slight_smile: loud ehhh!?

Yeah, its pretty loud… I need to hook up the horn… but I’m goign to have to drill, and install a SPDT switch (Using the steering wheel horn for the train horns as well…

the horn is very loud too… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6UBwF8sS78

I’m going to put it on a SPDT switch that I bought from radioscrap today… and put that switch next to the air PSI gauge… I will post more pictures when i’m done…

I want to see a comparison between the whelen and the hornblasters pa

is almost the same…

Whelen doesn’t have the sirens… otherwise, I believe they are both 100 watts

I mainly was thinking about clarity. Sure they both have 100 watts, but How do they sound compared to each other

Whelen is the one that is on the front of just about every police car out there…

whelen does have siren…

^^^^^^^^ Thats the one i had… twice lol

awesome siren btw

Mine doesnt have a siren

Where did you get the whelen pa?

Hornblasters.com has them…

well the model u have is the same i have and it is whelen pap112 this is whelen doesn’t have a siren but the model Whelen 295SL100 does have it… http://www.sirennet.com/wh295sl100.html

ok, I lied to everyone about putting in a SPDT switch… I ended up going another route…

As most of you know, the bracket is a HB Special… modified. It now has 2 molex connectors sticking out of it… 1 - 3 “prong” (for lack of a better word right now) and 1 - 2 “prong”.

The one on the left (3 prong) is used for the MIC for the PA System, and the 2 prong on the right is used for the “Remote Horn Button” for friends to use.

I actually need to route power from another source for the PA because everytime I hit the horn button, I get a speaker pop.

looks awesome bro i really like it…

It is by far not the cleanest install I could have done, but it was the thought process… I’m actually going to get another bracket from HB (If they can sell just the bracket) and put something like an actual MIC plug into it…