xd3000 is a monster

Just got my XD3000 installed in my truck and I’m more than satisfied with it, previously i had an AZ OB2 that would take 2-3 mins to fill from 120-150 PSI. this takes half that long to fill from empty. Wish i would have bought one of these a long time ago.

Mount the air filter in a dry location or where it will stay dry because if it gets wet the water can mix with the oil in the crancase. Monitor the oil level sight glass on a regular basis until you develop a maintenance cycle. Add 2 ounces of any full synthetic “compressor” oil - SAE 30 or ISO 100 - when the level gets near the bottom of the sight glass. Spray the motor brush area about once a month with “Liquid Wrench” or “Fluid Film” to keep rust from forming around the brushes and their guides. Do those things and you’ll get many years of performance out of it.

Avoid using Optima batteries as they seem to last only 6 months to a year with our compressors.

It’s installed in my tool box, shouldn’t have to worry about water getting in. when you say spray the motor brush area, do you mean on the outside of the motor case? and I don’t use optimas because they don’t make a group 65 battery. i am however going to be getting 2 XS Power D6500’s here in the next few months

Liquid Wrench and Fluid Film won’t hinder the connection of the brushes to the armature so make sure some of it gets inside through the slots.