York 210 Compressor

I just bought one of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-YORK-210-COMPRESSOR-W-Serpentine-6-gv-FREE-OIL-/110846236817?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19cef35891&vxp=mtr#ht_1279wt_907

Its a York 210 Compressor with a 6 grove serpentine Pulley on it. I am going to be doing a crazy install with it. Most likely something you would think I would be crazy to do. Install it on my bike trailer with the pulley turning with my wheels. Or incase that doesn’t work out, there is room on the engine on my truck to install this! :wink: Anyone else out there with one of these?

I’m not sure how well it will work on the bike unless you can get the rpm up. Our electric versions turn @ 1500 to 1800 rpm which delivers about 8 CFM. Many off road enthusiasts use the York 210 in their vehicles. Kilby Enterprises specializes in that market.

Be aware that the 210 discharges 1 ounce of oil every hour of operation. It needs to be added about every 2 hours to keep the level high enough. Their optimal oil level is 10 ounces and bearing damage can occur at 6 ounces.

Thank you dan! I hope I didn’t get a dud if it dischargees oil or is that normal? I will be checking it often anyway and also reminds me, I need to check my oil in my truck. lol

1 ounce per hour is normal for a standard York 210.

Our 210 has an additional oil control ring on the piston that reduces the discharge rate to 1 ounce every 50 hours.

well, I guess I should have E-mailed you but I will give the 210 I ordered a try. If in the future if it breaks how hard is it to rebuild?

I don’t know how hard they are to rebuild but I know our tech has done it. Some people found 210’s in junk yards and used parts from them.

Hey I was wondering where to add the Oil? I can’t find it on mine I have pics.

I found out where to add the oil and WOW IT WORKS GREAT ON A BICYCLE!!! I went from 10 Psi to 75 psi from about 500 feet from my driveway and then my bike tire started burning up, I forgot to put some rubber around the pulley. Whoops :stuck_out_tongue: but I got it to work! I am pretty amazed!

I’m glad and a little surprised you got it working on the bike, congratz.

You’ll notice there’s a bolt on each side for adding oil. If you can vent one them to atmosphere, use air tool muffler or equivalent to keep dust & debris out, the discharge rate should reduce. Without venting, the pressure will build in the crankcase causing a slightly larger discharge rate.

Thanks a bunch Dan! One more question, The York Compressor has oil in it already and I was wondering what kind of oil does it take? could I use the R134 A/C System Lubricant in it or is there a different oil?

R134 is strictly for A/C applications and I think it would evaporate when not sealed and under pressure. Use any full synthetic oil like Mobil 1 around 30 weight. Multi weights are fine too.

Regulations 10W-40 oil.

I am currently using 30 Weight oil, (Its the Oriley Brand) Its the same as Vavolinae but its 2 bucks cheaper! at $3.00 a quart rather than $6.00!

3 bucks, whoops. :stuck_out_tongue: