09 sierra Z71 K5lar24 tool box build.

well guys, got the horns done today and put back together, tested each one individually and they sounded beautiful… anyway tell me what yall think of the color combo and i will paint and mount the manifold when i get it back monday, Hornblasters box will be in tuesday.

what do yall think about the aluminum lip and back plate i fixed up.

they look good man! nice pics

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Looks good! I like the color combo.

just for sharts and giggles here is what the horn kit is going on! It will get a serious washing after the install is complete.

Here i where i want to put the horns but may not be able too, I will know for sure when i get the manifold back. Mounted upside down to the bottom of the tool box.

Nice looking truck! I hope they fit under that box. Shim that box up with a piece of aluminum if you need to. I know the fastenal sells small sheets of aluminum here where I live and they are up to a half inch or so thick. All you would have to do is cut them to fit on the bed rails. That is if you are set on having them under your toolbox.

Here is my K3 setup. Not very many people would do this to their truck but it works for me. All of my other horns I mount on top of my cab guard.

Yeah i hope to make it under the box without lifting it at all i may be able to just bolt to the bed under there if i have to, and that a nice setup but i cant see myself cutting up my bed just yet. I have studied the diagram you gave me earlier but i cant get the last measurement i need, and that is the height of the manifold from the base to the flat part where the three upper horns mount, not the two upper outer flanges. thanks again for the info

Yeah you bet. I plan on keeping my truck for a long time so thats why I decided to cut the holes. Plus, it would almost be impossible to steal any of it the way I have it all locked down. And you cant even tell I have any of it there. I am really enjoying the photos of your progress. Please keep them coming!

Great looking truck! I’m a little biased though…haha

How long before you get your manifold back?
I could measure mine if my hard tonneau isn’t frozen shut.

here ya go it’s a old pic.

K3

i hope to have the manifold back tomorrow so no biggy on that measurement. unless you happen to be out in the back of your truck anyway lol. And thats exactly what i am looking to do with mine, Thanks for the pictures, does it restrict the sound alot being under there in the bed or does it have an echo effect. Also how many inches did you have to work with under the tool box, was the horn touching and do you think that would hurt anything? i think mine is going to be so close its not funny.

also ear2ear why are you bias, what color should the truck be lol??? what color is yours

Well, I had to blow off the driveway so I was out there anyway.
The manifold is a hair over 4 1/16" tall.
If you figured 4 1/8" you’d be good.

Mine is carbon black metallic. I just like the new Sierra’s.

Thanks a ton, well i am 98 percent positive it will not fit upside down but it will fit mounted to the bed rightside up with the longest horn barely poking out, after i get it together i will know for sure. oh well, But thanks a ton for the info.

I made a CAD drawing of the bells. When you add everything up (using 4.125") you get 9.906" O.A.H.

Your air package will be in the box right? It will be much easier to supply the air if you mount them upside down.
Just make an angled shim. It probably wouldn’t take much.

You Da man Ear2Ear i am retarded today, i was thinking maybe cutting the toolbox to recess the manifold deeper in it and all kinds of stuff, But your right a shim would be the easiest. Got any ideas? i know i could do it with a few washers but dont want to put the aluminum cast in a bind to bad. it wouldn’t take much i am sure

already got my angled shims, using some 1/2 emt i am cutting at angles, going to use them on both sides with washers to insure no bad bolt angles

got my O-rings in today from micro precision and installed them, also got the manifold back and its like new, Doing a little night painting on it as we speak!!! McMasters and Hornblasters box will be in tomorrow, thats almost everything i need other than a few tiny things from auto zone, may be friday or the weekend before i get to install it all, i am like a kid the night before christmas, my wife is pissed i have spent all this money, lol

haha… after u get it installed scare poop out of her lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yeah, make her touch your button! lmao