Busted!!!!!

I got a ticket for loud music, The Cop was gonna write me a ticket for the horn but he didn’t. He told me that if He see’s me riding my bicycle again in San Luis Obispo then he will take away my bicycle. But he only wrote me a ticket for the following. (27007 C.V.C. LOUD MUSIC AUDIBLE FROM 50 FT AWAY.) well I guess I shall go have my suit and ties dry cleaned and go to court.

btw, this was on my bicycle!

Just watched your video, you were just having fun, cop just hates tupac.

haha Yeah! I should have played “Bad boys bad boys what you gonna do when they come for you!” Well I have court in August for it. Oh and BTW Me and about 5 other people got tickets for music on our bicycles.

Good luck in court! Let us know how it goes, how much was the ticket?

Its in the range of the following:

If I don’t go to court its about $300.00

If I do go to court its in the range of $140.00.

There are no points added to my driving record since it wasn’t a moving violation. But, since this was not in a car I want to see what the judge says. Could turn out interesting but, it will turn out the way it will once court is over with. My Court date is on Aug 2 at 8:00am.

Never hurts to request the charge be dismissed before entering a plea. Was your music way louder than the others? - Or just adding to the overall concert? lol

Might work - might not. At least you’ll save some money by going to court.

I was part of the Overall Concert. lol. Me and about 5 other people on bicycles got tickets for loud music. The cop was kind of a donkey hole. But I guess he could have also cited for the horns though. I got a warning for the horns.

Good luck in court!

Thanks Dan!

Good luck in court. Im sure the judge will have some input. What time was it? Dont most noise ordinances come into affect after a certain time at night?

Not Cali, but this happened in Miami
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Supreme-Court-to-Rule-On-Blasting-Car-Stereos-132010083.html

Well the Law is If the stereo can be heard more than 50 feet away its a ticket, but, the noise ordinance doesn’t start until 10pm. I got the ticket around 9:37pm.

Another thing is that the cop did NOT have a Decibel Meter there fore it was a Judgement call. Also when a cop says “Turn That poop off!” might also work in my favor but its his word against mine. I will have to see what the judge says, specially this being on a bicycle is pretty out of the ordinary.

His only judgement call was his distance from you when he first heard it…and if he could single you out from that distance. You shouldn’t be responsible for the collective noise.

Why is this thread tagged “ouch! my butt!” LOL

Because he got raped by the man!

What Twist Said. lol

i feel for you. i drive an all blacked truck and then last night the officer pulled up behind me when i was parked for the last 3 hours saying i was honking my horn. mind you it was a cruise night and i actually didn’t honk but my buddy with a hornblaster kit did. he pulls up getting my license plate number then all cocky screaming asking whose truck and takes my license and says now that im posted on a bulletin stating i have the horns. he said its illegal to blow it them which yea i know they are but its a cruise night i stated and everyone here has illegal stuff on them. he said then if he heard me one more time id get a ticket. the noise code is set at 40 db in the town. its like slamming a car door. atleast the other cop loved him. older guy not so happy.

Yeah the deputy was staring at my setup the whole time the cop was writing me the ticket. He was wondering how the hell I fit a car stereo a train horn and a set of cadillac horns on my bicycle. He mostly kept staring at the large York 210 Compressor I have mounted on the side of my bike trailer. lol Anyway It could get thrown out because My sister told me that I was in a commercial Area and Bars were playing music as well, the noise ordinance where I was at did not go into effect until 2:00am! So that could also help! :slight_smile: But its up to the judge.

An update to all you people: My sister told me that I was in a commercial area, not a residential area. The noise curfew does not go into effect in the commercial area until 2:00am. Plus, bars were playing music as well. but I will keep updating this if I learn anything more. Thank you everyone for the support!

Ok, so I got the Bail Amount today in the mail, It is set to $243.00, Gonna go to court and see if the judge will reduce it. If not then I will be making Payments on it.