Downtime

I just wanted to take a moment to apologize for the recent downtime of our web server. Don’t worry, we’re not going anywhere! There may be another small disturbance in the upcoming weeks due to upgrades taking place, but we promise it won’t be for long (hopefully you won’t even notice!)

okydoky!

what about all these “new people” who just send us spam and tell us we have viruses, is there away to get rid of them and stop new ones from coming?

Please look into this Tiernan… http://www.trainhornforums.com/showthread.php?t=2983

Other sites i am on they make newbies “mod approved” to post …

Should be very easy to add on to the site i would imagine and would stop this EVERYDAY SPAM that is in my PM box and many others … :mad:

ill second that, i had 2 more in the last hour…im going to have to stop coming to this fourm if this keeps up.

Not to one-up ya, but I’ve had 3 in the past 12 hours, and another 2 in the last 24. We need a limit on who can send PM’s, like you can’t PM until your post count hits 10 or something.

I understand there’s been a lot of trouble recently and I’m addressing it. Private messaging is currently disabled for any user under 30 posts. Email verification is also enabled and blocking a popular dynamic DNS site that was enabling spammers to evade this protection without using real email addresses. In the mean time we’ll do our best to remove all of the spammers and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thankyou!

But it looks like even after this post my pm’s are still disabbled…

Let me know if its working now. The database finished rebuilding.

Edit:
I also pruned out all of the spam posts I found, so any of you who did receive spam might notice its gone. Again I apologize about this and I’ll do what I can to keep this place spam free.

yeah i too keep getting pm’s saying my computer was infected with numerous virus’s from a few ppl who claimed to be a moderator…hopefully it will be fixed asap other wise I too WILL leave and never come back untill things get under control

Much appreciated!

No need to leave the forum guys, just delete those messages as soon as they appear and don’t respond to the read receipt.

Thank you Tiernan!

don’t wanna leave but hopefully the b/s will stop very soon,btw all the pm’s i recieved here in the last few days dis-apeared from my inbox today

All spam related PMs were removed from the server…

awesome…hopefully it is under control

Sweet, no more spam. Nice job!

Thanks Tiernan.

No problem guys… sorry it got a little out of control in the first place.

Really guys, thank you … its nice not getting the garbage anymore.