E2E's new air setup

I have been planning this air package for a couple years now. Trying to have a custom tank made for my 2 AZ OB2s just wasn’t working out from several vendors. Paul at AZ went above and beyond, but still didn’t materialize. So he gave me a sweet deal on 2 of their 5 gallon tanks to get me going. So that’s been my temporary setup for over a year.

New tank will be 14 gallons.

My hard tonneau cover rolls into this canister. I want to fill the space below it with an air tank.

Let the fun begin!

Disclaimer: The tank will be tested when finished.

8” pipe at the band saw.

This is our purpose built pipe polisher. We usually polish smaller pipes for sanitary augers.

Not a full polish, but clean and consistent.

Butt-weld pipe cap. Tacked to scrap pipe.

Big ol’ hand sander to polish rounded end.

Rounded end is done. Ready for straight side.

End cap done. Just break the tacks from the scrap pipe.

More pics as I get organized…

make it krome… :slight_smile:

Make ir krome? nah…

Make me one…

Guess I failed to mention this is all stainless steel.
Too much money to cover up!

me still want :smiley:

Couple more…

I made a full scale template to wrap the pipe. Then centerpunched all port and bracket locations.

Verified overall size and locations before continuing.

All ports drilled. (6) 1/2" ports and (6) 1/4" ports. That’s 1 extra 1/2" port.

Looking good!

awesome looking setup!

one suggestion if you carry full sheets of plywood or drywall possibly down the road is to raise the tank.
Here was my solution to fit stuff under…

Looks good. I wish I had a machine shop. But the welders and plasma cutter come in handy quite often:D

n2ocharged - Some things I can make cheap, but this ain’t one of 'em!

Dan - Thanks

Silvy - I like your setup and considered that option. But I try not to haul anything…haha

The Beast - I’m a CAD/Engineering guy at work, so I’m lucky they let me use the equipment. You can get a lot done with a plasma and welder though. I have a MIG and a TIG at home.

How much was it? I know you said you’ve got the tools and what not, but what about materials?

Silvy, He also said that he’s got a roll back tonneau cover that is going to be over the tank.

I bought materials about 6 months ago, but iirc the raw pipe, caps, and ports were around $400. We are an oem and that’s cost. After that I have tank legs, and a bunch of brackets with waterjet time which is not free.

I contacted a couple tank manufacturers and they want 7-800 to even look at making a carbon steel tank…plus shipping 150+ lbs.

I’m farther ahead to have stainless and any ports/bracketry I can dream up - even if I have 40 hours in it & cashing in a few favors at work.

I would like to add a new TIG to collection of welders LOL. But my MIG makes small enough welds for my next setup. Just still brainstorming on how I want to mount my compressors and tanks??? I have a 50gal fuel tank I am removing and gonna build a bracket holding everything that will bolt in the same holes as the existing fuel tank.

Drain Fitting: Welded OD but protrudes into tank ID. (tank would not fully drain)

Ground smooth and welded ID. - Now tank will completely drain.

Caps tacked in place - pretty decent bevel for welding.

Ports are 3000# half couplings.

It appears to be progessing nicely. Do you plan to burst test it when it’s complete?

Want to build another tank:D

Not a true burst test, but yeah I’d like to run it up to 2 x W.P.

Too many irons in the fire. King procrastinator here.

Brackets and legs!

Stock compressor brackets removed. These will be welded to the tank.