Electric Manual Valve

Electrically operated - manual sounding valve(s).

The concept is simple:
Run 4 small bypass valves around the main 1/2” valve.
Rig a switch or multiple buttons to turn on 1 valve at a time until all 5 valves are open.
Put a ball valve inline with each one for fine adjustment.

1/4” SMC valves. Thank you Hornblasters!

1/4” valves, 1/2” valve, nipples, manifolds, flare fittings, screw adjustable mini ball valves.

Made the manifolds out of 1 1/2” square aluminum bar.

Pizza box spray booth.

I like to fill up the first few threads with Loctite 545.

Complete with 1/4” x .035” stainless hard lines. This is the input end.

This is the discharge end with the ball valves.

Next to my brand new/unused/neglected Graham White for size reference.

This thing should be the best of both worlds. Authentic sound or instant on with 1/2” valve.
Plus no airlines or big ol’ handle to mount in the cab.

I’m working on a switch assembly and a way to test this thing.

wtf it looks like something out of transformers

Yeah that, or a guy at work said it looks like a piece of space junk.

hahahahah cant wait to hear how it sounds lol

Are you sure you need the 1/2" valve? Can it be rigged to open all of the 1/4" valves at the same time and would they supply the same amount of air?

very interesting.

What are you doing with the virgin GW?

No for 2 reasons. The tubing I.D. is only 3/16" - their combined area is less than the area of 1/2" I.D. Also, by nature the 1st ball valve might be mostly shut. It’ll be open just enough to start getting sound from a bell or two. The second ball valve will be cracked open just enough for an audible increase, etc… not high flow at all.

Must. Let. It go…
I’ll have to see what I paid Tom Aker.

I’m curious if there is a differnce between it and my GW clone… I would like to say i own a true GW … wink wink :wink:

That thing looks sick!!

Hook that sh*t up!!!

Did you ever get up and running? I was curious how you were going to control all the valves?

I bought 5 little micro switches and I’m working on a spring loaded lever.
It will progressively turn on the switches.

God I hope to get my horns back in this fall.

I’m going to call OTRATTW in the morning and see if Carling switchs makes a momentary off/on/on. If so I’m going to go the two valve route. I know they make a on/off/on momentary,but that would be kinda hard to make it sound good.

Sent while gathering Allison parts.

I searched high & low for a progressive switch. Everthing I found was like a selector switch - close one circuit at a time.

If I was only doing 2 or maybe 3 valves, I would just put the buttons next to each other.

I have the room to put two switches in, but I’d rather just one.

The engine fan switch I no longer need, so I could remove that and move others over one then put two momentarys all the way to the left. I know they make a off/on/on, but I don’t think it’s momentary. I’ll call them in a bit. There’re in Cali.

Radioshack has some tiny momentaries, but I guess you still need to space them far enough apart to get two fingers on them.

I just ordered two momentarys with lazer etching. He can custom make the rocker say what ever I want. Any ideas what to put on them?

Welcome to the forum “Oxman504”

Thanks Mr Dan. It was nice talking with you on the phone the other day.

I’ve been thinking about doing something similar and using a microcontroller to time the opening of the valves - the end result being, you just hit a single switch up in the cab and it times the opening/closing sequence for you. Could be a fun project.