Everything installed.....Not loud!

I finally got my “Conductors” installed, and hit tha button…Real good baritone sound, but, NOT LOUD. I’m thinkin it’s the 1/4" line from tha tank to tha 5 way. It’s 5/16ths from the 5 way to tha horns. There’s no way in hell I’m scaring someone tha way they are now, maybe put them to sleep. Any good suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,

Time for me to eat some crow!. All my friends that have heard me hit tha horn, has said they’re freakin load!, I guess the reason I thought they weren’t loud is because of where I mounted them, on the bottom of my flat bed facing down. From inside tha cab, I didn’t feel they were loud enough. I was wrong. My first order of punishment is going to be to the bicyclers here in So. Texas that think they own tha road, wish I had a camera to record it for you all.

Should be Loud as hell…Possibly a kink or pinch in the airline somewhere.

I fingered out my prob. I needed to dial up my compressor, it was set at 120 lbs. I set it at 155 lbs. mucho improvement. Those videos sound really loud, is it because their in a downtown district?, 'cause mine sound fairly loud now,but, theirs are freakin loud!.

yeah i was the same way…thats cuz in the videos their not using the conductors… their using the k5la

Well Hell, isn’t that false advertising?. I wonder why they don’t do some of those vid’s with the 4 horn kit?, probably because they wouldn’t give the same results, then guy’s like me wouldn’t be so impressed that they’d go out and buy the “Conductors” thinking they would scare the shit outta people. Yep, false advertising.

Hey Bigdaddysdaddy, I bought the Conductor Set a few years ago and you can see my install on Hornblasters.com (Gray Toyota Tundra Double Cab) and my horns are loud as HELL!!!. I have been wanting a set of K5LA, and if I do, I will still keep my conductor set on my vehicle, this is how good they sound. I dont know what the problem is with your set up, but mine practically shakes the ground when next to hit and you blast it. You can hear me coming over a mile away at home. I made sure all my air line was exactly the same length from the manifold to each horn. I would re-check everything you installed, because my Conductor Set Rocks!!!

Well Hell, isn’t that false advertising?. I wonder why they don’t do some of those vid’s with the 4 horn kit?, probably because they wouldn’t give the same results, then guy’s like me wouldn’t be so impressed that they’d go out and buy the “Conductors” thinking they would scare the shit outta people. Yep, false advertising.

False Advertising??? Hornblasters sells tons of different horn sets and combinations.

I did check everything, I even shortened the distance from the air tank to the horns. Could it be the 1/4" line from my tank to the 5 way?. The sound is good, just not loud.

I want to see people jump, and I don’t think their going to even flinch.

If it was me I would change the air line all together… But that is just me… I am running a three horn set up and it had a small air line and I did not line the way it sounded eather… Got 1/2 air line from hornblasters and dang louder now. All I have is a 5.5 lether tank.

I dont know, but my Conductor set is soooooooooooo loud!!!, that I dont even know if a K5LA would compare. Seriously though, mine is very, very loud and has an awesome tone. I did my istallation in a few hours with all the parts from the kit. I dont know what to tell you other than maybe the horns are defective, or they might have been damaged when you tightened the 90 degree elbow off the base of each horn, maybe the air flow is being restircted if you over tightened them inside the horn. (Know what I mean?) - the base of the horn has the threaded post sticking out and you hook the elbow to it, if you are not careful and tightned this, it will turn the post inside the horn. I had to be careful when tightning mine.

if you dont have a pressure guage on the tank i would suggest putting one on to make sure you are getting to full pressure. check your airlines for trash or your solinoid valve could be clogged with trash

lets not say some crazy things here now…LOL

but if u could, make a video of ur horns and blast them, i wanna try and see how loud they are…

I called HB today, and ordered a new solenoid. The one I have is a WOLO, and I’ve had it for 2 yrs. they think it might be tha solenoid. I’ve got my compressor cranked up to 140 PSI, and they said that was more than enough pressure, in fact he said I should get 140 db @ 100 PSI. when I had it at 120 PSI it was a little more than a whisper. Great tone…no volume.

hope that works for ya

Your problem was VERY VERY low CFM. WOLO Sucks bung hole.

Yea, I know that now, Chode breath. I revised my thread. That cheap solenoid was just fine for the cheap horns I had before.

No need to be an asshole. But anywho WOLO is only a couple CFM.

I wasn’t being an asshole, you called me a bung hole, I was just returning the favor, it’s all in good fun. I wonder how many CFMs the 1/4" HB solenoiud puts out?.

I don’t know if it’s been covered yet, but you should have your valve as close to the splitter as possible.

uy k5s then your doing something