For Newbies - How to choose a horn kit

This how to is for the newbies that have no idea on which hornblasters train horn kit to get…

Choose which you would rather have; price, volume, size, compressor and PSI. The higher the PSI the louder the horns will be (psi used are 120, 145, 150, 175, and 200). The bigger the air tank the longer the horns will sound (Hornblasters sells a 1.5, 2, 3, or a 5 gallon tank). Also, the higher the price the better the tank, compressor, and psi.

These are just some recommendations… This list is ordered by price.

These kits use the Shocker 4 train horn:

1. Shocker 127VX Train Horn Kit
    The Shocker 4 train horn at $404.99, this kit is the best bang for your buck…
    uses 1.5 Gallon tank, Viair 275C Compressor, at 120psi

2.Shocker 228VX Train Horn Kit
The Shocker 4 train horn at $439.99
uses 2.0 Gallon tank, Viair 280C Compressor, at 145psi

3.Shocker Classic 238VX Train Horn Kit
The Shocker Classic train horn at $509.99
uses 2.0 Gallon tank, Viair 380C Compressor, at 200psi

4.Shocker Classic 248VX Train Horn Kit
The Shocker Classic train horn at $544.99
uses 3 Gallon tank, Viair 280C Compressor, at 150psi

5.Conductor’s Special 248 Train Horn Kit
The Shocker XL train horn at $564.99
uses 2.0 Gallon tank, Viair 480C Compressor, at 200psi

The best all around Shocker4 Train horn kit
5.Conductor’s Special 540 Train Horn Kit
The Shocker XL train horn at $594.99
uses 5.0 Gallon tank, Viair 400C Compressor, at 150psi

Real Train Horn Kits:

1.Nathan AirChime P3 Train Horn Kit
Nathan P3 AirChime kit at $1334.99
uses 5.0 Gallon tank, Viair 280C Compressor, at 150psi

2.Nathan AirChime K3LA Train Horn Kit (K3)
Nathan K3LA AirChime kit at $1499.99

The LOUDEST Train Horn Kit you can buy!
3.Nathan AirChime K5LA Train Horn Kit (K5)
Nathan K5LA AirChime kit at $2279.99
:wink:

Very good write up! Kudos my friend

solid write up

nice presentation

what about the low-cost-sets? i search for some loud and cheap horns. ok - sounds like trashy tuning… maybe a kit below 200$ with a good sound. some advice?

hornblasters sells the lower quality kits called the horn bargins, but after awhile you will wish you got the bigger set. trust me, took me 3 horns sets to realize it

I think most of these guys will tell you to spend a little more and get shocker s4

brizzal,i copied this onto another forum,Tamparacing.com,i made Matt a shop forum there

yea man np thats what it posted for :slight_smile:

I have a set u s4 and they are loud but like others have said i my self want bigger horns like the k5la those are loud as funk and saound just like a frieght train…by the way good job matt nice product you have i’m sure we will get more

welcome to the forum!

bottom line is simple " the fatest wallet catches the best & loudest horn! " :smiley:

What is the loudest horn tht i could get that has a compressor tht is small in size bc i plan on installing on a compact car??

Sounds like you need a shocker set since you can mount the individual bells in all kinda different places… Then maybe get ya a 300 series viair compressor and either a 2.5 or 5 gallon tank.
Simple but super loud from my video viewing experience.
Good luck, I’m in the process of gathering everthing I need to do my install.

Its all based on wether if you want fast fill up time or duty cycle…i mean there is alot of factors when buying a compressor…i tried VIAIR…AIR ZENITHS…SOME DC9500 COMPRESSOR…AND KNOW IM FINALLY ON A OASIS COMPRESSOR…

Get the Nathan Airchime, if you don’t you will regret it. There are many good deals on Ebay right now. That way you can buy the horn and then piece the kit together when you have the cash. Good luck!

kla3 horn bells.jpg

Get one of these! Very loud and compact! (well for a train horn)

hi, i’m short on space and i would choose the shocker 228 vx (145 psi, 2 gallon). but does it really sound like the big ones? ok - some db less because of the pressure… any videos of it or experience? thanks a lot… one more german.

Hey Crusty check this out:
http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php?pic=46

The HB4H are the same horns as the Shockers. These are running at 150psi.

Enjoy!

That’s a cool switch panel and a really clean install, I like it!!!