For Newbies - How to choose a horn kit

i like the sound of the shockers and the k3 together sounds awesome!

if i dont want to make the horn my normal horn for everday use, and just want to use it certain times can i make a switch or a button that will do the same as it being connected to the actual horn

As in using a different button instead of your horn button? Of course and it’s even more simple!

alright good, my dad uses my car every now and then and i dont exactly feel like hearing it from him

What kind of car?

04 ford explorer

i have a 07 ford explorer :slight_smile:

you can also put it on a toggle switch to switch between the stock and train horn with the same button

Wow that was exactly what I was looking for…thanks for posting

Welcome “smcalaster”

I ride a Yamaha Stratoliner motorcycle and it was designed after the streamline era with some styling taken from trains of that time period. I would like to add air horns that sound like trains but I am limited in space (tanks and compressor size). Riva makes air horns that don’t require tanks but run right off their compressor. They also kick out a db145 sound but not the train sound that I love. Any suggestions.

BC

Welcome.

To get the sound you really love requires air hungry horns and an air source to keep up with them. Considering your limited space, you might want to look into liquid nitrogen or CO2 using the smallest bottle available.

hey guys
does the compressor automatically fill up the tank when it running low?
and what does CC mean? i was looking at the ones that are labeled as “best bang for your buck” and i see that some differences between the kits is the CC size and i was just wondering what that is…

That’s what a pressure switch does. when the pressure drops the pressure switch turns the compressor on until it reaches its shut off point which turns the compressor off.

I’m not sure because our compressor doesn’t use CC’s. Could it be Cubic Centimeters? Ours is 10 Cubic Inches.

How easy would it be to use a quick connector to be able to disconnect the horn and use the compressor to air up tires, rafts, ect? And what would be the cheapest setup I could use? 2003 Dodge quadcab so no space constraints

The tanks have more than one port on them and you can hook up a coiled airline or whatever you want. But you need at least a 5 gallon to air up any tire bigger than a doughnut.

No need to disconnect the horns! I have a quick connect on mine just behind my hitch for filling up tires and such if needed. I have used it once, it seams to work pretty well!

Im a newb and i was wondering if i should start off with a train horn from ebay and then work my way up and i also wanted to know if those horns on ebay are loude enough to scare people.so can u please get back to me asap thanks.

Welcome ekoluh3,
It depends on the horn being offered, you can’t go too much wrong if it’s a Nathan Aichime of any model.

Most newbies start with one of the Hornblasters shocker kits and work their way up.

If money is no object consider an Oasis XD3000 compressor.

Hey guys, just wondering if someone could clear up for me the differences between the “Hornblasters shocker XL” and the “hornblasters classic 4-piece HB4H” i saw a post on page 2 of this thread saying they were the same thing. is the different fittings and air lines the only difference?