For Newbies - How to choose a horn kit

Hello. I would like to order the Shocker 127 vx kitt. Living in Norway (Scandinavia) where is the nearest dealer ?? Excuse my bad english.

Welcome, I would bet your english is better than our Norwegian.

Hornblasters will ship international if you can’t find them there.

im looking at placing my first order and heard there was a forum discount. is this true, and if so what do i need to do to take advantage of it.
also anyone have any idea what it takes to be a dealer?
thanks
mike

So if i were to get the Shocker 12VX Train Horn Kit for $404.99 for my boyfriends 2005 dodge 2500 he wouldnt be disappointed? :confused:

I doubt he’d be disappointed with any kit that has Shockers. They can and probably will be upgraded…LOL

Most unlikely. There’s a much higher chance that he’ll ask you to marry him instead after testing the horns for the first time :smiley:

My truck came with a K3LA thats ridiculously loud, bound to get me in trouble haha. Recomend keeping it or should I downgrade before I get arrested for disturbing the peace?

Welcome. I would be happy to help you out. Maybe you should put it in a box and ship it to me. That way you’ll be sure to stay out of trouble.

Really though - just be careful with it…

LOL… E2E you beat me to the punch on that sentiment :slight_smile:

I would’ve thought it’s pretty unusual to have something like a K3 being included in the sale of a car unless there’s a specific offer. Did the owner not talk about it?

Well… in any case, if you decide not to keep the horns I’m sure someone here will be interested. What kind of air setup does the install have? You can always keep that side of things for pumping up tires and stuff.

Hahaha after finding out how much it’s worth I’d at least have to charge you for the shipping ;). Yeah the guy had told us it had an air horn but it wasn’t working, I fixed it and that thing is loud hahaha. I’ve considered selling it but I figured everyone on craigslist would low ball me pretty bad. Not sure how big the tanks are but I know for a fact my compressors broken now, guess I overworked it haha. In any case, I’ll more than likely want to downgrade, you think I could get a decent offer on here?

Did you say Tanks (as in plural)? Unless you got an Oasis or really small tanks, I’m not surprised the compressor has died. Most single compressors are not rated for larger than 5 gallons.

Anyway, if you like the sound but just want to tone it down a bit, consider installing a metered manual valve (e.g. a Graham White 353; It has two flow settings: first stage - Hooonk, second stage : KAHOOONA!- anyway you get the drift ;)), or install a flow regulator to drop the feed pressure to the horns. They do have a sweet sound even at lower pressures.

The alternative would be to go backwards and install something like the Shocker horns perhaps, but they are still incredibly loud. Even further back would be something like Grovers (i.e. truck horns).

Sounds like I’ll be spending more money and getting in more trouble if I decide to install a valve haha. I’m hoping I can sell everything I have with it and maybe move down to a shocker (like you were saying), and possibly come out even. Money’s tight, especially for a college student, ya know? hahaha. What would you value a used one at?

Welcome to the forum “sfl”

Thanks being helpful and welcoming guys. I’ve been busy fixing little things on the truck so hopefully I can figure out my horn situation soon hahaha.

I sure I hope I can replace my spare tire with a custom shell containing my rs3l

I seem to have my eye on the Conductors set of horns but i am undecided on the 248 or the 540…

I want the loudest of the two…and I dont really care about the length of blast…

I’ve read the write up posted (that explains specifics) but I may need to reread to refresh my memory…

Anyone care to chime in to help me out?
All opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

232, 240, 540 - same airline, valve, manifold splitter - same loudness.
I don’t see a 248.

The 228 has different parts & is not as loud.

Hey everyone, new also and I just bought Horn-Air 540 Air System kit. Now needing help on the horns, I really liked the Wolo 847 Siberian Express but then realized the fitting on horns is only 1/4. I need help finding horns that have the 1/2 fitting or 3/8 fitting on horn, you can’t change the fitting on the horns right? I heard Nathans are the best but right now I just want something decent for around $100 to hold me over. Like I said any suggestions on horns around that price that have a 3/8 or 1/2 fitting? Thanks for any help and glad I came across this forum.

Welcome to the forum! There are many posts here that say HB’s Shocker horns have the most authentic sound for the price and they’re plenty loud. The HB kit with those horns and your air system (Conductor’s Special 540) costs $45 less than buying them separately. Save a little or bite the bullet with a credit card and get the Shockers. While your at it ask HB if they’ll discount the difference. Did you know that HB offers a discount to forum members?

Thanks on reply, decided to wait it out another check and just get some Nathans, go big or go home right? I also remembered my dads friend back home is a train mechanic so my dad is gonna ask him on some Nathans :slight_smile: hopefully get lucky and get the hook up !