Geo Metro + K3LA = F.U.N.

******* :mad:
Unnecessary :eek:
Noise :smiley:

Now I don’t have a K3LA yet, but I will be buying one once I save up enough. I want it to be a clean install, so I may get a custom tank made, maybe not.

I would like to know a few things. Is it worth the extra money to buy the kit? What PSI is good for the horn? What is a recommend size tank, what is the smallest for 5 or so 1 second blasts (it is a Metro)? K3LA or K5LA? what type of valves are recommend? Just any info to keep me from spending too much money. Do you recommend any other horns, possibly cheaper?

Thanks guys.

Any K series horn is going to move a LOT of air… the manifold requires a 1/2" air supply to it, so I would say if you want a 5 second plast, get a 5 gal tank, minumum.

K3 / K5, depends on what “Tone” you want. The K5 has 2 more “Bells” than the K3, but the K3 is just as loud… 'far as I know. There are custom brackets out there for mounting the K3/K5 horns.

It has always been said when it comes to these horns… “You get what you pay for” so to “Keep you from spending too much”, I can’t really say anything, I have a set of shockers on my truck with 3/8" air line going to it… It all depends on what you want to spend…how much are you willing to part with?

The horn it will be replacing.

Place for airtank and components, may do some custom work here.

Mounting for horns, pretty much my only option.

You can click all pics to make them larger.

1k or so. I’ll may end up spending more, and I may end up spending less. I’m not sure right now. Your shockers, how loud are they vs. a K? I may end up getting a 10 gallon tank, it all depends.

if you plan it right you can have a k3 set up with 10 gallons of air and two compressors in your price range

My shockers are advertised to be 148 - 152db loud. A K-Series is advertised to be 156db loud, so not MUCH difference. Its just that the K-Series is an authentic Train horn, where as the shockers are not…

there is a big diffrence… my shockers sound like a regular horn compared to my k3

Okay, I see that you have a 8.5 tank. Is that suiting you, how long blasts can you do?

i can blast as long as i will ever need to lol 3 good blast before the compressor comes on

I agree. I would say go K3. The K5 is a big step up in price for the sake of them not being that much louder. I mean you think about it, the k5 has two more bells to share you air with. But by far, if you want a loud horn for cheap, go with the Hornblasters Shockers. The kits come with everything and theyre crazy loud.

What are they price wise? Are they worth the money to save? I’m kinda wanting to go balls out on this one, but if they are half the price or so I may go that route.

If you sacrafice the trunk area, you can have the 10 gallon tank.

This is true. I did it for under 1k give or take a few nick nacks.

HA! shockers are NO COMPARISON to Nathan. Sorry. I dont care what they advertise. The smallest bell on a K is BIGGER than the largest bell on the shockers.

You can get a good set of shockers for around 4-500. But you wont be balls out. Not if you blow and someone blows back with a K. A Nathan, if you look around long enough you can get it semi cheap. New, they are 900. But you can get them reconditioned or used for about 300 which doesnt take away from the horn at all. I found mine on craigslist which is the best way to buy because you can either bring your own air or make them blow em for you until youre satisfied.

Where are you that you found them on craigslist?

I hate to say this but i honestly dont think a k3 will fit where you said you wanted to mount them… they will hang pretty low to the ground and you will risk breaking them you do realize how big a k3 is?

yeah like “se7en” say they really big

you can mount them separated like i did

What are the dimensions of it? I can cut the trunk, and raise it up some.

Most likely you would have to…

How tall are they?

scroll up, they are bigger than the kids head…

I can tell you that the K5la is 30" across…

Over half the questions in this thread have been asked and answered. The dimensions of a K3 has been asked and answered. There’s a search on here… (not trying to be rude)

And once again, the K3 is rated louder than the K5 (direct from Nathan) so if you want loud, I wouldn’t waste the extra money. The sound is the only difference.