Geo Metro + K3LA = F.U.N.

that’s not a very good picture, they’re way closer than he is. I can’t find crap on the internet on the “horn” measurements.

Really big isn’t a measurement, I haven’t seen a inch measurement yet. I can’t use use “kids head” has a measurement.

I found this just now searching… http://trainhornforums.com/showpost.php?p=27266&postcount=4

I searched:
k3la size
k3la measurement
k3la inch
k3la width

What did you search? Oh and thanks, 9.75" i’ll see what I can do.

Oh and for K5 measurements, just check hornblaster’s site… click the specifications tab

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=nathan-airchime-k5-k5la-train-horn

I searched “k3 size” and it was on page 2…

I’m not sure you’ll be able to fit it with a manifold on that car. If your car is like my Accord and you have someone that can do metal work, you could cut out your spare tire section in the rear and get a flat plate welded there. I’m sure you could just mount it under the rear like a truck then. I thought about this for my K3LA but I just put the shockers on instead. If that don’t work, several people used farmer69’s individual mounts. They work well from what I hear. “honduh” just put a K3 on a civic hatch using them. Oh and please don’t run 200 psi. I think that should cover it lol Let me know if you got any other questions and can’t find it.

I really respect your guys’ opinions but i hate it when you people contantly say things about people that run there nathans at 200 psi… yes we know technically its bad for them, yes we know they dont sound so melodic. and dont have such a good pitch… but if that is what someone wants to do then so be it… i know people that have run 200 psi on a k5’s for 4 years and when taken apart looks brand new… just my .02 and my venting for the month… lol

Ah, didn’t think about “k3”. 150psi is good right? Yeah like cut all that is sunken down and make it flat. Or, i could diamond plate the entire trunk, which would be cool.

Well don’t pay attention to us saying it. I didn’t say anything about the people that run them at 200 psi. I think people deserve to know that it will damage their horn. Who wants to pay that much money and mess them up? I hate people saying that it’s fine running 200 psi to them when it isn’t.

150 will be fine. They will be just as loud and it won’t hurt them. Diamond plate might get kinda heavy, don’t ya think? lol

8 gallon tank, train horn, and a compressor will be heavy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m not sure if it is heavy though.

EDIT: 48" x 48" piece is 60lbs, so probably 45lbs. **** that haha

well i also have a little car ( honda civic si '02) and managed to fit a k3 in it without major cutting.
if you’re planning on a nathan for your geo metro, you should hit up farmer69 on here. he sells brackets so you can take the k3/k5 off its manifold like fexplorer said earlier.
my k3 is between my bumper and spare tire compartment haha only place it fit
i have a few pics in my albums of that too.

Thanks for the info, i’ll be hitting up your album shortly. My little car is a little smaller than yours. I guess I can put the K3 in my Dakota if all else fails.

The compressors run off of the alternator right? (**** my Geo’s alt is only like 45 amps) would a Optima Yellow handle it?

45amp alternator? I don’t know what I would do with a 45amp Alt. sh!t my alternator is 200amps. and I was thinking about running a Dual alternator setup.

The compressors don’t run off of your alternator, they run off of your battery and your alternator recharges your battery. I would play it safe and go with a 5gal tank, and a decent single compressor. Single compressors are generally good for a 5 gallon tank, so if you were to run an 8 gallon tank, you would have to get 2 compressors (Averaging about 30 amps each… ish). You don’t have to, but there is another thread about “Tank Size” in the forum “Train horns & Kits” that you should read.

or get an extra battery…

Then you can run a 24v compressor and draw half of the amps…

If you only have a 45 amp alt, you dont need another batt. you need a bigger alternator. If you have 2 batts, the alt will take forever to charge those two batts.

Yep, that’s why adding another battery to an audio system with dimming headlights is no good… If your alternator can’t charge one battery, it definitely won’t charge two.

I may get a battery charger, because an upgraded alternator won’t help me. The biggest “upgrade” is like 80 amps. (I think) That, and i’m dealing with 55hp. If I get a separate battery, and a charger I think I should be able to run it separate from my cars electrical system.

I wouldn’t do that… batteries are only good for a certain number of “Cycles” and then you have to buy a new battery, so if you drain a battery, get home, charge it, drain it again, get home charge it… and continue doing that, I don’t see that battery lasting more than a year… Then what if you wanted to horn someone, but “AHHHHH, I forgot to charge my battery to charge the tank”… then you’ll be really mad.

I would shoot for the 80amp alt and let it do its thing… someone corret me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think just because you get a bigger alternator, it takes away your HP, does it?