Help w/air tank

i’m talking about the tank lol

Seriously, whats the worst that can happen? lol :smiley:

well of course the tank would have to be rated for 300psi

You don’t need 300 PSI to hop a vehicle but it will make it go higher. What makes the vehicle jump is putting air in those bags as quickly as possible. I had a customer who jumped his Escalade 6 feet off the ground with 250 PSI.

Dang. How heavy was the Escalade?

Just the basic Escalade, without anything extra on it and nobody inside. They used an external valve control panel. They ran the Oasis compressor from 2 - 6 volt golf cart batteries and won the duration contest for bouncing. They only bounced it long enough to beat the other competitors and I don’t know how long that was.

I was just wondering if it was stripped and such. Thats crazy though, 6 feet. dang

Now that you mention it, I think they did say they had taken out the seats, spare tire, etc…

Ah thats still pretty good

also they take the engine out!
so yea if i did all that to my avy i can make it hop…otherwise ima need alot of psi to get it to hop with everything still in it

I think they left the engine in it. They mostly stripped what was easy to put back.

[b]I’m callin’ bullshatt on this!!
250 PSI may get the wheels off the ground - but 6 feet, no effin’ way mang!

I require video evidence! [/b]

yea expecially with the engine still in it the honker… to get it 6 feet off the ground…
if no engine i would believe it…lol unless their hoppin the rear 6 feet…LOL

Shopping cart - yes…

Escalade - hell no!

EXCUUUUSE MEEEE…lol
sorry I don’t have video proof but i wish i did. i would have posted it by now. it is possible my customer was exaggerating but 6 feet is what he told me.

my customer didn’t win the high jump contest, that was won by a stripped out frame, and suspension of a small suv that used co2 or nitrogen to assist.

Nitrogen tanks are generally pressurized to around 3,000 PSI max… no wonder it hopped well.

only reason i would use nitrogen is to hop… other wise its useless to me

you don’t need nitrogen to hop, just high volume valves at 200 PSI and that should get you off the ground. maybe not very high but off the ground.

why hop a little off the ground. If I did it to my accord I would want to bounce a foot or two… lol. then again I know nothing about bagging suspension/hydros except you need a lot of air and a lot of batteries to power it. just my .02

When I said not very high, I meant 2 or 3 feet.

Again, it’s not necessarily how much pressure is used but how fast you put the air in the bags.