horn covers

Does anyone have any?
I’m thinking of getting some soon. Would anyone recommend a certain kind or anything?
thnx in advance guys

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/category.php?c=horn-kit-accessories
:smiley:

I might ask Mummy Stinky to knit me some!!! lol:D

haha
and i was lookn at those ones on hornblasters site but i dunno they seem kinda expensive for what they are. and thick! i just pictured thinner material
like maybe ill stick a nylon over them… im thinkn of that kinda material

i guess it depends on what youre tring to keep out

the one form hornblasters.com are sick i want to get some for my k3… SOON

I got some of the newer covers for my K5’s and they REALLY muffled the sound.

Just buy a fishnet shirt and some small bungee cords and make your own.

Dont get the hornblasters ones (no offense to hornblasters) they kill the sound

best deal lol

the HB ones work really well. Ive actually ordered alot of those

Apparently you’re the only one that likes them lol Everyone else has been saying they muffle the sound of the horn and stuff.

I have them on my K3 and they still sound pretty good… I haven’t tried the horns with them off… maybe I’ll do that this weekend.

I’ve got them on because I have my horns facing forward and I don’t want anything to fly into them and break the diaphrams, or get lodged in the throat of the horn…

I am curious the ones that kill the sound are they the newer style cover thats doing it. Newer has full mesh the size of the bell, not half like the last model.

I have every color of h.b’s and new blue mesh ones from another company, I dont hear a difference with or without them. Either style.

hmmmm i still have some for a k3. of the new ones i think
perhaps ill sell them…

all horncovers kill the sound…even the ones that the horns originally come with from factory

how? i say not tru at all

anything blocking the flow of air from the front of the horn will lower the sound volume… because the sound waves are being distorted… it may or may not change it enough that you can hear it but it does change it…

it doesnt matter… they have come out with a new one that is much better now

This is correct ! I just removed my covers and there is A difference. When I let it blast today w/o the covers the guys At the shop even asked what I did to make it louder. And yes my ears are ringing as i type this. I am checking with some musicians to see if I can beg, borrow, or rent A DB meter that will measure up to 160.So far I can only find one that goes to 120DB…