K5LA air line size.

wire it up to a relay

yea, what he said

you can do it. Its just a lil bit harder in my opinion.

nice sig 97blackcivic

yea but i have no idea how tp add a relay and switch to make it work…

thanks, i have a couple others but i use them on other websites.

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=530497

Awesome! You are da’ man Version7! I knew that someone had to have a detailed description of what to buy. now I just need to buy the small stuff and get going!

On the original topic I’d like to note that Nathan/AirChime recommends using half inch or a step up to 5/8". Technically you would need 3/4 to see the maximum air flow into the manifold but the benefit would be marginal.
In the base of the K5 and K3 the passageway reduces to about .6in before splitting out to the bells and unless you feel like boring through the bottom of each bell (not recommended), they only have about a 1/8in (maybe 3/16?) pilot.
That said, realistically 1/2in (3/8 id) line is perfectly fine for a K3 or a K5. You may see a slight volume increase with 5/8in (1/2 id) on the K5, but its questionable with the K3. Anyone have any personal experience with this?

Here’s some concept math:
If the pilot were 3/16 on each bell, that gives you a cross-section of 17.81mm(sq) per bell. The cross-section of a 1/2in (3/8 id) tube is 71.25mm(sq) which would suggest that it would be able to supply 3 bells perfectly fine with adequate surplus pressure, but would run a little short with 5 bells.
The cross-section of a 5/8in (1/2 id) tube is 126.67mm(sq) which is more than enough to power the 5 bells of a K5.
Of course there are a couple more variables like the back pressure produced by each bell and pressure lost inside the manifold, but they shouldn’t be too significant.

Please if anyone who knows more accurate numbers / info chime in

without getting technical and looking up all of the equations, your numbers look right at a glance.

ya sarry im new with forums so I did not look at it till today. ya here is a picture this is a barb fitting they have them at the local hardware store and the hose clamp in the picture is to small its just what I had in my extra parts.