My Toyota

planning to put the tank under the car so I got these:

everything in the pic cost me under $40 total. :smiley: talk about cheap.

will be a little while before I could start working on it though…

more fittings!!!

painted and ready to install…

looks great :slight_smile:

thanks. :slight_smile: here’s a (sorta) build pics while I was installing it a few moments ago…

access to body sheetmetal…

use stock holes so we don’t have to drill to the body…

mounting clamp detail

installed

compressor

before:

after:

more cargo space. :wink:

Nice install bro!.. wots that widget thing on the 1/4 to 1/2 pipe, pressure transducer? wots it do?

Thanks!!

which one? the black thing sticking at the coupling after the comp leader hose? that’s the pressure transducer for my electronic pressure switch. :wink:

Yeah…wot does it do? is it like a sensor?

yup. it produces a corresponding voltage with respect to the pressure.

I could tap into that signal and make a digital gauge if I wanted and if I wasn’t lazy. :smiley:

looks great bro :slight_smile:

thanks. I hope HB sent some stickers with the 3/8 chrome solenoid valve I asked my aunt to order for me. gonna stick it on the tank. :cool:

also gonna add a gauge in the dash when my fittings and 4mm air line arrives.

always wanted a gauge in the dash…

now all I need is the gauge. :stuck_out_tongue:

used a $5 gauge as a temporary one. didn’t have lights so it couldn’t be read in the dark so I added lights…

dismantled gauge

installed, daytime

night shot

might have to add a diffuser ring around the light so it won’t be too bright. :smiley:

Dude? wots the fing on the piller with the LED’s?

that’s my DIY’ed voltmeter. every led is 0.5V step. 11 LED’s for 10 volts to 15 volts. less accurate than a digital meter but you can easily see how much the voltage drops/fluctuates when playing music really loud.

just like this. :slight_smile:

<embed width=“448” height=“361” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” wmode=“transparent” src=“http://i119.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/djquan128/Video000.flv”>

wow thats awesome bro

Thanks. here are some clearer pics I took last night.

compressor behind sub box:

see how the tank fits under the car.

mounting clamps: they lined up to the stock holes

blue tube going to the dash gauge

dash gauge:

got similar amber LED’s used by Toyota in the dash lighting.

now for the sound setup…

new tweeters on sail panel:

RS232 data cable for the remote control link from laptop to DCX2496.

are those speakers 10’s?

if you’re referring to the pics above, nope, they are 1" tweeters mounted behind the side mirrors. :smiley:

if you’re referring to my subs, then, still nope, they are 8’s. but they sound like 12’s. :wink:

another pic of the horns with the new valve…

dunno about long term but I don’t seem to be having issues with it near the exhaust pipe…

looks like a set of shockers would fit in here? :smiley:

bought a 1/4" regulator, tire chuck and Viair air source relocation kit (back along with the chrome valve) and installed it about a month ago. I was thinking it would come in handy incase of flat tires.

this week, I had used it twice. once on my uncle’s landcruiser and just now with my dad’s mercedes. works like a charm. :smiley: