My Toyota

Nice and tidy installation man.

Really a nice clean setup.

How hot does the leader hose from the compressor get?

I see you have a wire wrapped around it and was wondering if it will melt.

thanks for the comments.

it gets hot but only when I fill the tank from zero to 125psi. but still not hot enough to melt the wire insulation. had it like that for a while now and still no problems.

Digging up a 2yr old thread.

My onboard air system just paid itself big time! I had to do overtime at work so I got out about past 10pm. I went to my car and the security guard came to me and said “is that your car? your tire is flat” only to see the rear left wheel rim touching the ground. And my spare is 8 year old rubber. Damn.

Turned the compressor on, security guard still watching, brought out the hose with the tire chuck. Inflates in about 2-3min and was able to drive around for maybe almost 10 miles before finding a 24hour tire shop. Got home about 30 past 12mn.

A triangular piece of sheetmetal was what punctured my tire. I was actually able to drive to work earlier with tire still full of air.

If I wasn’t running an onboard air, the fully flat tire would have easily taken 30min to an hour just to fill up using those cheapie plastic compressors if they would even last that long.

Since this thread was made, I’ve had many changes to my system. This is how it is right now: My onboard air + horn system