Need help planning horn while waiting for parts to arrive...

i have a 12gallon tank and i run 200 psi on it… those tanks are all fine!

Yup, my pressure relief valve is set at 215psi; Just in case something fails and my pumps keep running. Although I can kill the power anytime to the pumps and have a pressure gauge on my center console. You can never be too safe when running these set-up’s.

EDC im assuming that this is a EXTRA-DUTY COMPRESSOR ?? need some advice should i buy another k5lla or another oasis compressor…i dont know which one to choose…

According to the previous post, an EDC is an “engine driven compressor” which means a compressor that mounts under the hood and has a pulley, like the AC compressor, which turns the compressor. I have actually read that some people have removed their AC compressor and replaced it with an EDC air compressor to fill their tanks. It sounds like EDC’s work much faster than electric compressors.

yea but there are kits where u can bolt on everything and dont have to remove ur AC compressor…

Kilby Enterprises does that for the 4x4 market. The challenge of adding an EDC is getting the brackets, pullys, tensioners, or whatever else is needed for your particular vehicle.

or if ur a fabricator ur good…lol

And you’ll lose horsepower when it kicks in. Although, I lose horsepower when my 480c’s kick in too, I think it’s the amp draw taking power away from the ignition. Do you have that prob too ‘Scaredu’?

lol you loose horsepower if you are driving with the AC on…

no dont lose horsepower…but my headlights dim… but im gettin a bigger alternator soon…

Yeah, could you imagine 2 compressors kickin’ in??

Yeah, that happens too, but it feels like something is holding it back, just for a moment when they kick in. How many amp. alt. are you gonna install?

145 amp

Are you gonna upgrade your battery too? I want to install a high amp gel cell batt.

yea… i wouldnt upgrade my alternator without upgrading or atleast putting a brand new battery in…

Like an Odyssey?

Odyssey is an awesome battery but they’re not cheap. They have amazing cranking amps for their size.

I would be interested to know if anyone has an Odyssey battery or equivalent (Trojan, Lifeline, Kinetic) and whether it affects your power or dims your lights when the compressor turns on.

Yeah, They cost some $$ but it would be a good investment since they out last lead acid batts.

Yep. a lot of people go with Kinetic and Powermaster batteries as well in car audio applications. which should be equivalent to running a couple compressors. If it still dims you could always add more batteries or a high output Alt… It all depends on how much you want to spend lol

Dude, it say’s ‘drain cock’ on your list.lol. j/k. I replaced my ‘drain cock’ with a solenoid, this way I don’t have to crawl in the bed and drain it, all that nasty rusty water get’s all over. Now I just push a button on my dash and it shoots out under the truck. I was thinking of installing a train whistle on the end of the hose.