Newbee

Hello all, I would like to say this is a great site, I have already posted a question and have recieved many replies thank you. I am from wisconsin, and I own a 2002 Ford Excursion with the 7.3L Power Stroke. My wife choose the name, it is what she calls me when I start talking about the train horns. My hope is that I can change her mind once I install a system, but that might be a tall order.:)I am in the process of building a system. So far I purchased a 12 gallon hoosier tank. Thank you all for your help, and I enjoy reading and becoming more informed about your setups, and the options out there.

Thanks freakboy :slight_smile:

No problem freakboy…lol
Its what this site is for… Just hope you stick around and become an active member…You’ll learn alot here!

Welcome. Ask Away

welcome man good luck in your purchase :slight_smile:

IM NEW TO THIS DANG FORUM AND IM GLAD THAT IM A MEMBER ALLOWED TO EXPRESS MYSELF, I THINK THAT WHAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING OUT THERE CALLED “HORNBLASTING” IS IDOTIC AND DOWN RIGHT DUMB, DIESEL HORNS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE ON VEHICLES THEY ARE SIMPLY WARNING DEVICES ON LOCOMOTIVES, HOW IS SCAREING PEOPLE A WARNING DEVICE, OF WHAT THAT YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK, GET INTO THE HOBBY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

SINCERELY,

Ed Kaspriske

Fair enough Ed, but tell me a few things, please:

When driving in your vehicle and someone cuts you off, do you think “hornblasting” them is really such a bad thing?

Or, when someone, usually a punk teenager with an attitude, just walks out into oncoming traffic and expects you to STOMP on your brakes, do they deserve a good hornblast?

How about when you see someone driving along, talking on the phone or even worse, texting while driving… in any case, driving along with their head up their proverbial A$$, distracted and drifting into other lanes, do you think that by startling them a little, it might make these types think twice about some of the moronic behavior they engage in while driving? It might even save someone’s life down the line a little Ed!

I for one am NOT in favor of hornblasting older folks, or even say, a parent walking around with a young child, but in just the few weeks that I’ve installed my hornblaster K5LA kit into my Silverado, I’ve encountered each of these scenarios.

Just this past Friday afternoon, I’m stopped at an intersection in downtown Worcester, 3 cars back in the middle lane of an intersection with 3 lanes in my direction. The IDIOT in front of me in the CENTER LANE, decides he’s going to take a left turn. When the light turns green, he doesn’t move, because the left lane still has a RED arrow… and so this dipsh!t thinks he’s OK to block the lane for everyone behind him until the left arrow turns GREEN for HIM. One good blast from the K5LA and guess what? The dope turns off his blinker and proceeds straight across the intersection. Presumably, he turns around somewhere beyond the intersection to correct where he needs to be going.

I make absolutely NO APOLOGY for using my K5LA in this manner. I don’t give a DAMN if and when I eventually get pulled over by a cop and get issued a noise citation. I will continue to hornblast anyone and everyone I encounter who drives to endanger others… people who, if a cop saw what they were doing, would be getting a ticket themselves.

And btw, I AM into the hobby. I don’t intend - at this point - to collect air horns just to have them around. But I appreciate and admire the sounds they produce. I may not be into the “train” aspect of it as perhaps you and some others are, but so what? To each his own.

Sincerely and respectfully,

PC1

BTW: Puh-LEASE turn off the CONSTANT CAPS LOCK. Merci beaucoup.

here we go again…

Freak…

My wife also thinks it’s frivolous. But guess what? When she’s riding along with me and I blast someone who is driving like an idiot, she laughs. Or, when we see someone we know and I give a little blast… and they about jump out of their skin, she laughs.

Know what else? Even people who are momentarily startled, almost invariably end up laughing it off. It’s good stuff, and the reaction against this use of the horns is “knee-jerk” alarmist.

Good luck with getting your system pulled together and installed. I am a newbie here myself but there are many good and knowledgeable guys around here who are available and willing to help you out.

Ed. Do you honestly think all we do is look for 3 year old kids and senior citizens to scare the sh*t out of?.. Seriously, most of us, if not all of us have limitations as to who we scare. I mostly go for the retarded drivers that we have on our streets just as PC1 stated. For instance I got a horn because my accord horn was too weak. It was barely hear-able from inside the cabin and I KNEW someone listening to their music would not be able to hear it. With today’s cars, they’re sound dampening has greatly improved from past years and I see emergency vehicles such as firetrucks and ambulances faster than I can hear them. So If I install a horn on my car to prevent an accident that someone may cause, and possibly injure myself or have the other driver be injured or killed; then I find having a loud horn that they will hear, not a bad thing…and if I get a ticket so be it… Ill help pave the roads with that ticket… welcome to the forum.

Twist

We all have reasons for doing what we do, mine is due to the fact that I am always hauling a trailer behind my truck; whether it be a four bed enclosed snowmobile trailer in the winter, or a 31’ travel trailer in the summer. My truck is my tow vehicle, and I carry three little boys, and my wife. I honestly can not tell you how many time someone has cut me off or pulled out in front of me. I am a big fan of electric brake trailers because that is what has saved me from getting hurt. I truely do not speed when hauling trailers. People just don’t take into account that you can’t stop on a dime. It is not as if I am speeding around town looking to honk my horn at any hopeless victim. I am trying to protect my family and those around me from getting crushed. So Ed, I resect your opinion, I do feel that these horns can be good, and used responsibly they can save lives.

Just my 2 cents worth, take it for what it is worth.

I think the rest of the guys have already covered the issue and there’s nothing left to say.

I dont even think he came back to see what we wrote… oh well, they have there forum as collectors and we have ours as blasters. We both love horns, just have different uses for them… either way you look at it Train horns = Epic Win :smiley:

he may have come back but didn’t like what he saw

For Ed to toss his $0.02 in here and not at least reply to our well thought out (and well written) rebuttal, it tells me he’s a limp-wristed bed wetter. Do you hear me Ed,

LIMP-WRISTED BED WETTER!!

[OK, I know I’ve used that expression before in here… but I love the image it conjures !]

:smiley:

:d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d

Hey, I got one of my best reactions yet from the K5LA this afternoon! I asked my wife’s friend’s son to open my truck door and honk the horn. She was standing in her driveway, and when he did, she ducked and shot me “the” look of incredulity!!

Then she says:

“My god, I felt that in my TOES !?!?”

Hee hee!

1133 posts ?!?!?!

Is this your full time job ?!?!

:smiley:

it was supposed to be happy faces :smiley: but it didnt work and I didnt feel like re doing it. and other than school it is haha

LIMP-WRISTED BED WETTER
PC1 that is some funny stuff. A little sick and twisted, but funny.

yea twist u post whore!! :wink: