remote for horns?

was wondering…i want a alarm for my truck. anyway i can get a extra button so i press it and the horn sounds till i let it go? kinda like a wireless remote for the stock horn, just not the on and off like the alarm panic sounds. i also want it to be different from the regular horn in the alarm side of it.

You’ll need a separate remote transmitter and receiver that’s set up the way you want it. It would be a lot easier to tie into the existing alarm system.

I don’t have an existing alarm. Lol I just recently put power windows in it. Has all manual stuff.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

u have an electric valve?

yes sir. wanting something that i could hold the button on remote and it blow till i let it go…make sense? not like the typical alarm sound of 3 honks or whatever

Think hornblasters is working on one…not sure of the status of it tho…its been awhile…hopefully one of them can update us.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

maybe so…it would AWESOME…as most alarms really dont have the feature im looking for

all you need to tie into a aux button on an alarm is a relay… press the aux button it triggers the relay which turn on the air valve when you let go relay shuts off and valve shuts off… thats the way i had it on mine… i used what would be used to pop the trunk on the temote.

So all I need to do is find an alarm with a truck open button and can tie it into it? How exactly would you wire up the relays, pressure switch, and alarm? Anyone got a link to a simple alarm for shaved door locks, alarm, and train horns?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

heres somewhat of a basic drawing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYPHUHfcmfA

heres my video of the remote i had

what exact model is it? so you need to look it between the horn button and the selenoid, and if you press the horn button it will still sound like normal right?

correct. i dont know what model it was that i had it was a keyless entry set

do you have any idea who made it? and the purple wire coming out of the alarm, what exactly is it?

i think it was a unbranded viper… the wire is gonna depend on what alarm or keyless entry you use… http://www.commandoalarms.com/501install.htm for example this alarm… you could use the door trigget #13 since it has a + output…

im sorry i made a mistake on the diagram… #86 on the relay should be 12 volt constant… not ground because most of the alarms use - negative output… if the alarm unit use positive then it will be the same as the diagram now…

the wire coming out of the alarm will be a trigger wire… like the channel used for opening the trunk or unlocking a door not

oh ok thanks man!

Does hornblasters make a remote relay activator? Where can I buy one? If it could be in a tidy package that just acts as a power button to the electric air valve, that’d be awesome.
Like if it could be pressed physically or wirelessly, same result.
I’m sure this technology is out there (not that hard to engineer), I just have to find it.

Mate I have a couple of kits sitting on my desk, I sell them with the Hornblaster kits I am selling over here in the UK. Their really cool! up to 100m and has two channels, so you could honk your stock horns - train horn or both at the same time. You could even wire them to your lights to flash them.
I saw you subscribed to my youtube vids, there is one of me honking by remote across a car park. My car is over 100m away parked up.
Their not expensive I sell em for about £20 (approx $30)