SQ + loud system

I’m having trouble deciding if I wanted a full SQ setup but I listen at high levels other times so I built my system to suit. :smiley:

here’s my current system as of today:

Headunits:

amps:

tweeters:

midbass:

with the funding of a local car audio shop, I desinged and built for them a high end line driver.

processor:

subs (changed orientation. sound is cleaner and less boomy this way):

battery:

Nice setup.
So what are you debating? 3-ways for the front stage or multiple drivers??
Bigger sub stage?

Thanks.

probably staying with 2 ways on the fronts. plenty loud right now. those large format tweets scream without distorting. besides, multiple drivers (other than a proper three way) might mess up the imaging and staging. I’m competing on December in SQ. :stuck_out_tongue:

dreaming about 4pcs 8’s. and a bigger sub amp. or maybe a auto tuba horn loaded sub. :smiley:

another shot of the line driver board before I changed the connectors and burr brown op amps. :wink:

that looks awesome… u wanna do my truck next lol?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks. I had a lot of help on fiberglass, door mod and deadening from the shop. I did all the other stuff. :smiley:

I was looking at some DD’s… probably 2 10"s what would be a good DD series? Price doesnt really concern me. I used to have 4 L7 kickers so something same or louder

if cost is no object, Z series. if you got deep pockets and big amps. :wink:

a 9510 or two in the right box with about 3kW each will hit real hard.

what would something like that run, roughly?

not really sure how much those cost over there. IIRC over here the Z series cost about ~$3000. 95 series are about ~$1000.

just for kicks, I decided to join a sound quality competition over here. it’s hosted by a local car club and rules are based on EMMA rules.

I just wanted to see how my system would score. and decided to join the pro category because it is sound quality only judging (no install/presentation/documentation… I wasn’t prepared lol )

during awarding time, I bagged second. the one who took first was the guy who helped tune my system.

it was surprising that I even got second as I was the only one running “SPL subs” in ported box, and class D amps on everything including tweeters. the system design was more on playing loud but it seems it can do it really clean too :smiley:

a few mods I did before the comp:
took out the analog board of my Behringer processor

removed all op amps

and replaced them all with Burr Brown parts (all 17 of them)

and replaced all the cheap plugs with Neutrik ones as the cheap ones always kept coming loose and while I was at it, changed the signal flow somewhat

also was able to meet a volunteer fireman who has two Grover 1510’s, a couple semi horns and loads of sirens and strobes on his van. They were loud, but the shockers are louder. :smiley:

awesome man congrats!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

thanks :slight_smile: here are the results: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/Raistlin_8/SQ.jpg

I’ve had my subs for two years now, but I wanted to go try something else…

here’s what I’m using now:

the sub amp I’m using is temporary. I got that for free so I might as well use it. :wink:

They probably can’t take as much abuse as my old DD’s but I was kinda surprised at how loud these subs can go. louder than what I was expecting :smiley:

I made a new sub box. :smiley:
http://djquan.angelcities.com/spkr/subbox.html

I made a new box for the new subs. It’s a bit smaller and more compact. sounds nice too. this will be my SQ box…

it can be positioned in two ways…

some pictures when I was building it here:
http://djquan.angelcities.com/spkr/subbox.html

I gots me a new speaker boxxx. and it’s PWK designed to my requirements :slight_smile:

It gets really loud and flexes my rear windows and tailgate. not bad for two 8’s powered with that tiny amp.

testing

Do a horn enclosure :slight_smile:

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

I’m sure you get a lot more output out of the ported box. Is it still pretty tight - since they’re 8’s?

It looks good too.

if a horn was needed to achieve the response I requested, Pete would have given me one. But this one does it really well and I’m quite happy with how it turned out :cool: