suggestions on tank size...

whats everyone suggestion on tank sizes…i’m gonna guess that majority people are gonna say biggers better but…mind you i’m only blowing a RS3L

well depends on what ur puttin it in… so ur gonna need to take account of size u can handle… and also what compressor u have to fill the tank up… and how much money ur lookin to spend to do all of this…

but a 5-8gallon is pretty normal…

going in an s10 mounting the 2 smaller bells up behind the grille and the larger bell back behind the rear bumper. airlift makes a specific 8.5 gallon tank that fits between s10 frame rails. and i’d probably end up using a 480c or two. my biggest concern is maximum blow time before the horn really starts to die off.

ull get a good amount of time to play with the horns on a 8.5 gallon tank…

the manifolds i made for them are drilled for 3/8 fittings, i was thinking about running 5/8 line…overkill on the hose size?

nope…i run 1/2 airline…more air flow the better

Um, how are you mounting an RS3-L like that? They have to be on a common manifold… unless you have a 2 chime Leslie manifold and a RS25 in the back. And even then, my friend’s 12 gallon went down 5 psi with just one toot from my Leslie RS3. They take a TON of air, way more than any Nathan. You’ll be able to honk it with a 8.5 gallon but not get tons of “honk time” like a train or anything haha. I think that setup you named should be fine though.

no one is gonna get the same amount of honk as a train… they have WAAAAAYYYY more air supply then all of us…

i been thinking about it tho… ill pull a trailer around with the biggest honking air tank anyone ever seen… lmfao…

LOL!! that would be funny

Actually Ed K. can honk like a train. You just need a 20-40 gallon tank and a EDC or an Oasis…

i work in a precision machine shop so it was nothin to turn 3 pieces of alu. into several mini manifolds and punch some holes in them. :wink: I still need to mill some flats on the manifolds and drill and tap some holes to mount some mounts off the side of each manifold though.

And plus if that black marauder in all them videos is honking a k5 and 2 k3s with only 10 gallons and 3 comp. i shouldn’t have a problem with 8 gallons 2 480cs on my RS3L.

the more air the better… but remember 5 gal air = one compressor, so it runs the way it should… but its all what you wanna do you wannah onk alot then go with alot of air… i wish i had more air but o well… i blast 2 k5s at once…

That’s pretty cool. I would love to hear it when you get it installed. But back to the amount of air, when my friend honked mine on his 12 gallon tank, it ran the tank out in about 10-15 seconds. He was just holding it down though. You wouldn’t happen to have the original manifold would ya? I’m really looking for one. Thanks!

Cant wait to see what it looks like. I am going to be running a 20 gallon tank for my K5LA

dude thats a sweet way to mount an rs3l!!

10-15 seconds is still a nice amount of time if u ask me… thats def. gonna piss some people off to hear that noise for that amount of time…lol

Yeah i will agree there anything over 5 seconds is A LOT! and is sure to get you tons of attention!!!

i don’t know how much louder a K5 is than my RS3L but i think i need one of them som bitches :slight_smile:

everyone needs a k5 its the right thing to do! lol