what kind of trouble can you get in w/ train horn?

i am notorious for getting pulled over for anything… i think its the orange sports car lol…

what kind of trouble can i get in? whats the tickets i can get…

I knew a guy that got disturbing the peace, loud and unneccesary, and something else, I can’t remember. All for honking his horn.

well first off… the cop has to see you do it… he cant get a report if he does… thats why u have a master switch hidden… and i say its for truck shows… the cop knows your bullshitting him… but u show im how to blow the horn… and then your good to go… haha…honk them… no worries…only live once

DTP, in proper use of horn, noise pollution are just a few…who knows…cops can write tickets for whatever…

thanks guys… thats pretty much what i thought… but i never know if there is something else lol…

ive gotten pulled over for my k5la… but u just gotta know how to handle ur self…know the law…and have a lawyer ready to call if u need 1…lol

i’ve never been pulled over for them =\

can you explain please? tell me the tricks to the law… what do i need to know about the law… and where can i look up laws for tx? i know nothing on how to do that… thanks

its going to be illegal to honk them almost anywhere just keep an eye out for cops if they see you theres not much you can do about it pay it and keep on honking

youre absolutely right!
i’m livin’ in Germany and here it’s absolutely forbidden to put trainhorns like the american Nathan series in your car. 118 db is the maximum allowed power of horns. … but i dont give a damn.
No German Cop has ever seen or ever been heard that freaks like me put trainhorns from the other side of the world in their cars, and put compressors and tanks in the trunk, spend hundreds or thousand Euros just for honking.
But if they would catch me and see what i put into my ride, they would cripple my car and i had to deinstall all the stuff!

Honking these Trainhorns is a game - take a look around. watch for the cops, search your victims and push the button :wink:

i told this story in another thread…
prettt much cop pulled me over because there was numerous complaints on my vehicle, and then i blasted my horn at a innersetion and i didnt see the cop, so i was driving and he came and pulled me over… asked me about my loud donkey horns… i played dumb and said i dont know what ur talkin about… he said i just heard u… i said i heard the horn too… i then hit my stock horn for him… that pissed him off… he looked around the inside with a flash light, and was just like ugh whatever, dont come around here no more blasting ur horn, if u do, we’ll get a search warrent…
because they cant search ur vehicle unless they have a warrent or u give them permission…
so the only way to get ur self caught is if u blast the horn for the cop when pulled over, give the cop permission to search ur car, or blast it when no other cars are around and a cops sees u…lol
use at ur own risk…

improper use, emitting an unreasonable loud (and) or harsh tone, noise ordnance, noise pollution, failure to maintain full control of vehicle (may dad hit the button in the passenger seat and told the cop that. And thought it was double jeopardy but was a different State statute over 140 DB.

so… say i hit the horn… and i get pulled over… and i play it off like its not me… and he asks to look inside… do i say no? doesnt that make you look guilty if you say no… ?

just put the switch in a hidden location out of site and if he finds it say i never new it was there im the 2nd owner of the car

I don’t think a cop needs permission to look under you car or a warrant for that matter. I can look under anyone’s car I want as long as I don’t touch it. If I go inside the car, that’s a different story. (I’m not a cop, so I’m not 100% sure)

My bagged truck with train horns is a rolling violation. There is a lot of things about it that are illegal. I’ve never gotten pulled over since I built it.

There’s a clown around town that I train horned once for blowing his diesel exhaust in my driver window. Now he has them and honks at everything. He’ll be the one to get wrote for it.

Cliff notes: Use your noggin.

Don’t let the po po catch you riding dirty.

theres nothing wrong with telling a cop no that he cannt search ur car…
ive done it before…

I don’t think a cop needs permission to look under you car or a warrant for that matter. I can look under anyone’s car I want as long as I don’t touch it. If I go inside the car, that’s a different story. (I’m not a cop, so I’m not 100% sure)

Yes a cop can look under ur car if they want, but most cops dont come across train horns on vehicles everyday so they dont know were u would have them…and since ur stock horn is under the hood, they probably think whatever horn u have is under the hood as well… which they need a warrent to look under

in socal they can look all they want no warrant is needed.
in socal we have 47 deferent tickets for noise (i got 26 on one ticket 3k$)
in socal we have a $3,000$ for having a train horn on your car with air suply
in socal we have to many chicken poop people making laws
in socal we have a law for air ride
in socal i got a ticket for bass (6 fi btl 18" 51Kw) at 1,270ft still over 109db
in socal car crazy people are dieing fast when it come to this stuff
in socal i can do nothing but hate socal

(avg small apt like 700sq feet cost 1.8-2k a month)

in socal we have a $3,000$ for having a train horn on your car with air suply

You gotta be kidding me!? So if I get pulled over and a cop see’s my set up; he can fine me 3k?