Wheres all the uk Hornblasters gone???

Wheres all my fellow UK comrades gone we need help, in our quest to conquer Europe??? lol

p.s…Happy 1000th post Stinky!!! :wink: I know I talk shite sometimes, but humour me hey???

I need to get back over there! 11 years in the US now

Congrats man

cheers dude… hey sneak me out 10 sets of shockers when you come over! :wink:

stinkster

Sure thing as long as you return the favour and sneak me in a classic mg :wink:

Fek me mate, consider it done… I know people who know people…I used to have a classic Triumph Vitesse… I love classic cars & I also had the Rover P5, V8 (poor mans rolls royce fitted with the old buick engine)…:smiley:

Hey I know its not UK… But I got some family in Netherlands who are running 3 chime chromies on their Mercedes’s. :smiley:

Then if they are ever planning on coming to the UK, tell them to look me up… I’ll convince them to get new Horns…:wink: Once they hear the mighty K3’s or the Shockers… they will be wanting more! :wink:

Wheres all the uk Hornblasters gone???
I know im on the subs bench at the mo but im getting there and should be on the hb team by late late 2012!!!

I’m here & They are here somewhere, I just had a new baby girl, so have been a bit busy decorating & stuff like that :smiley:

Congrats! -from this side of the pond-

X2

If it’s not your first, you know how it will change your life, in a good way.

If it is your first, yer gonna find out. :smiley: Enjoy, it goes by fast.

Awwww Thanks guys:D Mucho appreciated!

Haha No not my first (lol) but certainly my last!!!
One forgets how one takes sleeping for granted! I go to work now just to sleep!:slight_smile:

One sounds quite po shhh now !!!
Congrats mate n all the best :slight_smile:

Santa pod by the way was quality great racing
The sun was shining all weekend
So hot on the sunday had to make a sun canopy out of my army poncho to get my kids out the sun !!!

The only downer was theyve brought in the 1000ft rule no more quarter mile which to me dont make sense
Drag racings always been done over quarter mile hasnt it
But not anymore:(

Is this 1000ft drag strip length been around for long in the states
What do you guys think about it ???

It was put in after Scott Kalitta was killed in 2008.

I don’t like it. It’s a dangerous sport at that level but it was an overreaction IMO.

Blimey! 1000ft drag strip now???
I aint been up the Pod this year! I was up there alot before I got hitched to my wifey. I dont have the time at the moment, but hopefully will try to get up there for flame & thunder this year:D:D

They reduced Top Fuel & Funny Car to 1000ft until they develop a better and safer run off area for all NHRA drag stips.

Ive tried to find the program of the meeting i went to in september
but the wife has chucked it away (NICE ONE!!!)
It was a 2 page write up about it and all i can remember is the bit about emissions saving the planet,saftey and that a top fuel motor has done its work by a 1000ft and it only gains an extra 33mph from 1000ft mark to the proper quater mile finish line.
Only one car reached 300mph that means if it was over a quater mile could have done 333mph i would have loved to see that !!!
As Marlin009 wrote I don’t like it. It’s a dangerous sport at that level but it was an overreaction IMO.
And I second that

Flame n Thunder is on for me an my family as long as its dry
Wife wants to go even if it rains to see titan the robot
May take me z28 if i get my way
Stinkyp if you go are you goin in yer connect ???
Woudnt mind hearing them shockers 1st hand :slight_smile:
Still gettin k5s tho :smiley:

I agree they overreacted. It happened after Scott Kallita died when his engine exploded, burned his chutes, and he crashed into a concrete pole that held the net at the end of the safety barrier.

They started using the HANS device when Eric Medlen died from hitting is head on the roll bars during tire shake.

They have a lot more improvements to make regarding safety, like the issue of cars going out of control within those 1000 feet.

Interesting dragster tidbits. :cool:

-One Top Fuel dragster’s 500-inch Hemi makes more horsepower then the first 8 rows at the NASCAR Daytona 500.

-Under full throttle, a dragster engine consumes 1 1/2 gallons of nitro per second, the same rate of fuel consumption as a fully loaded 747 but with 4 times the energy volume.

-The supercharger takes more power to drive then a stock hemi makes.

-Even with nearly 3000 CFM of air being rammed in by the supercharger on overdrive, the fuel mixture is compressed into nearly solid form before ignition. Cylinders run on the verge of hydraulic lock.

-Dual magnetos apply 44 amps to each spark plug. This is the output of an arc welder in each cylinder.

-At stoichiometric (exact) 1.7:1 air/fuel mixture (for nitro), the flame front of nitromethane measures 7050 degrees F.

-Nitromethane burns yellow. The spectacular white flame seen above the stacks at night is raw burning hydrogen, dissociated from atmospheric water vapor by the searing exhaust gases.

-Spark plug electrodes are totally consumed during a pass. After 1/2 way, the engine is dieseling from compression-plus the glow of exhaust valves at 1400 degrees F. The engine can only be shut down by cutting off its fuel flow.

-If spark momentarily fails early in the run, unburned nitro builds up in those cylinders and then explodes with a force that can blow cylinder heads off the block in pieces or blow the block in half.

-Dragsters twist the crank (torsionally) so far (20 degrees in the big end of the track) that sometimes cam lobes are ground offset from front to rear to re-phase the valve timing somewhere closer to synchronization with the pistons.

-To exceed 300mph in 4.5 seconds dragsters must accelerate at an average of over 4G’s. But in reaching 200 mph well before 1/2 track, launch acceleration is closer to 8G’s.

-On the tracks with shorter shorter shut-down area, many drivers shut off before the finish line, or even dual parachutes will not stop the car.

-If all the equipment is paid off, the crew worked for free, and for once NOTHING BLOWS UP, each run costs $1000.00 per second.

-Dragsters reach over 300 miles per hour before you have read this sentence.

Going to have to put back the purchase date of my k5 kit + extra comps n tank due to an offroading accident
Fell off my ccm yesterday thought i just sprained me wrist
Woke up this morning to find it had ballooned up
Went to A&E xray shows a crack DOH!!!
Now have me arm plastered so cant work for a bit as im in the motortrade fixing cars:(
Cant even fix me bike which is in a bit of a mess too K5 fund is going to take a knock to get the ccm road worthy again:(