Will this fit? (guesstimate shockers fitting)

[b]Sorry for moving my photos. All Install photos are linked here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v603/marker227/2005%20Dodge%20Dakota%20SLT/Air%20Horns%20Install/[/b]

My shockers are currently installed on my 05 Dakota so far… I need to move them to make room for additional air tanks and possibly a P3.

I took these pictures to show you the room I have up in the engine compartment and bumper.

I don’t think the horns will really fit in the engine compartment, but I thought maybe in front of the radiator?

NOTE: Where the tape measure is, is where the hood closes onto in the first picture.

Here are some pics.

shockers yes, p3 is gonna be difficult

You sure about the shockers? I guess I could lay two facing one direction and two facing the other? Basically I’d have to mount them directly in front and as close to the radiator as possible in order to allow me to close my hood…

I was thinking the P3 could somehow get mounted under the center of the vehicle upside down?

I’ll have to say definitely on the shockers too. Come on man! lol I fit shockers on my Accord all in the front end lol and it was the TIGHTEST squeeze ever.

I was thinking I could somehow mount the P3 in front of my rear axle?

Maybe I should mount each bell individually…

i dont know if you have as much room as i do in my ram, but i had my shockers pointed straight down all four of them from the radiator support right there, so if it is about the same size it will fit, a p3 from the spare tire mount sounds promising to me!:smiley:

I just looked under my truck… The only possibility for a P3 is to either mount each bell individually (I like this idea the most). I was thinking possibly I could mount a P3 upside down right in front of my rear axle… I haven’t measured it yet, but it looks promising.

I don’t want to loose my spare tire…

I still think my best option is to mount each bell individually…

Has anyone done this? What parts do I need, etc.?

Also, what are the lengths of each bell on a P3?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v603/marker227/2005%20Dodge%20Dakota%20SLT/Air%20Horns%20Install/[/b]

According to a 3rd source. These are the bell lengths on the P3.

21" P1

16" P2

10" P4.

I would rather not loose my spare tire if I could… You never know.

What I think I might do is move all my shocker horns to my front grill and put a P3 (separated from manifold) exactly where my current shockers are now. Only problem is… I gotta figure out where the hell to put 1 2 gallon air tank, 1 3 gallon air tank, and 1 compressor :/.

I don’t know if you guys can tell, but mainly the two rails you see is all the mounting space I have for tanks and compressors and possibly the P3’s.

why move the tank/compressor? i have mine in my trunk and a set of horns similar to the shockers in the front

The current tank/compressor is too small. It is mounted where you see it and I refuse to put it in my bed. I don’t want to loose space.

Why not mount the P3 in the bed?

Something about putting anything in my bed (besides my tiny toolbox that is removable) really bothers me… It means I can’t just quickly take out what’s in there and load the bed up with something huge for transport. Or hose it out really easily after it gets dirty from hauling.

You can just stick 2 bolts through the floor and use wingnuts on top. That would be removeable fairly quickly. I say 2 because 4 isn’t really necessary lol. Also, you could still spray the bed out, just dont spray it directly inside the horn, although it wouldn’t hurt it lol

I just can’t do it… I can’t force myself to drill holes in my bed :(. Not to mention that I do have a factory plastic bed liner installed (won’t come out unless you unscrew it) and a rubber bed mat is on top of it too…

I checked out the area and I think I have a good chance of mounting the P3’s… I think that I could mount the two small bells exactly where these shockers are. Is there any reason why anyone would think otherwise?

I might be wrong but it looks to me like you might be able to mount the P3 on the low profile manifold there horizontaly somehow…

I’m not sure about that… The rail by itself measures about 7.5" high.

http://www.airhorn-al.com/nathanairchimes/products/p3.html

The width of the P3 is 15.5" :(.

Your framerail is 7.5"? How much space above it to the underside of your bed?

Only a few inches. At the highest point (see pic) it’s… Well I can’t really throw out a number for that.

I was thinking of putting each horn individually on the rail… Maybe I could rig something up where a bracket goes over the whole rail. This would mean I wouldn’t have to put any holes into the rail… That’s a plus.

I’m not too sure what kind of hardware I would need. I’m guessing 4 brackets, 4 bolts, and some nuts…

Anyone have some ideas?

I have an idea! Hornblasters just told me the 2 gallon tank they sell is exactly the same height as the blue one in my picture… That means I can buy 2 2 gallon tanks and put them on my rail in the same manner as that one. He also mentioned 4 gallons would be enough for a 3-4 second blast with a P3 alone… I think things are starting to look positive! :slight_smile:

Has anyone used 4 gallons of air with a P3 at 150 psi?

I also have figured out how to mount the P3’s along the rail. See where my current shockers are? I’m going to move all my shockers to my grill and put the P3’s exactly where you see my shockers are… I’ll just tie P3 bell to whatever I originally tied the shockers too. I’ll use hose clamps instead of zip ties… Just because each bell weighs more and I want something more sturdy.

Easy…

I think that’ll work fine. Where are you going to get the individual mounts for it?