Look what i just got!!!!!!!!!

Trains don’t run them at 200… train’s horns run on main reservoir pressure which is usually 130-140 PSI or so.

You can run them that high, but it will wear the rubber surround out quickly, accelerate wear on the diaphragms and they will not sound good. They will be extremely loud and distorted.

run em at 500psi and video tape it… I want to see what happens

edited

Almost everyone that purchases a K-series horn from us insists on running 200psi. I have not once received a call from someone that needed to replace their diaphragms/O rings on a K-series horn. Neither has anyone else at Hornblasters, Inc.

Trains run their horns at about 150 psi ALL DAY lol and their horns last them roughly two years before needing replacements.

So an individual with this horn on their truck won’t be abusing their horns like actual locomotives.

I would run 200psi on the K-3 or K-5 anyday. Josh at the shop has had his K-3 for 3 years at 200 psi and it still sounds just as good as the day he stole it from our warehouse lol jk.

Take that as you will.

They don’t run them at 150… closer to 130… And trains don’t abuse their horns, people with them on their trucks do…

i will try to run them at 200 and see how the sound if i don’t like it will try 175 if i don’t like it i will run them at 150 opefully i got all those pressure switch

200 psi for the win!!!

mhm ^

All this hate over what psi to run them. THEY ARE YOUR HORNS DO AS YOU WISH. Its your problem if you break them.

I agree, I have had three K3s a prime and a P5. 200 psi never hurt any of them, they sound a little different though. Plus as someone else said, we do not abuse them as much as a real train does anyway, if we did our compressors would probily not last very long trying to keep up…

I like how everyone says “we don’t abuse them like trains do”. Trains don’t abuse them, they use them the way they are meant to be used…

Sorry mate, but me not understanding quite where your coming from or going? Are you against train horns on trucks & cars? Just theres a neg vibe in the air here:confused::confused:? (maybe its me, had a long old day at work)…

I meant that as we do not use them as much was the jist of my meaning. Are we clarified? :confused:

ok i try today my k3 at 200 psi and all i have to say is honk!!! those are loud at 200 psi i will run them at 200 psi for sure!!! lol i love them i will make a vid tonight with a better camera!

220 psi max here no problems and insane loud and holy sh1t nd i upgraded my air line to 1/2 from 3/8 and damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

fuckkkkkkkkk i got a ticket today… this cop was beside me in a bike and i didn’t saw him so i honk to this guy walking and the cop jump and the guy too!!! 114.00 dollars!!! will take it to court

why would you take it to court… u just admitted here you are guilty lol

lol that sux…

maybe i can keep my 114.00 dollars lol